This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This Ikelite 6242.95 Ultra Compact Housing is designed for the Canon PowerShot S95 and S90 digital cameras. It is an injection-molded clear polycarbonate case, known for its strength and corrosion-free properties. The housing offers an unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions and operates safely to a depth of 200'. An easy-open latch, along with drop-in camera loading, makes set-up a breeze. The housing is sized and weighted for near-neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater.
All camera controls except the rear control dial are operational through the housing. A gear driven system allows use of the camera's ring function.
A flash diffuser is included to improve lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used underwater. For optimum lighting underwater an optional external strobe is recommended. Ikelite strobes are brighter, recycle faster and offer wider coverage than the camera's flash. Being farther from the camera lens, the strobe reduces the illumination of particles in the water, which helps eliminate backscatter.
The port accepts the 67mm threads of a wide-angle conversion lens without an adapter. Getting close to your subject will greatly increase the quality of your underwater photos. By eliminating as much water as possible between you and your subject, you will get increased contrast and better color. The wide-angle conversion lens can be attached and removed when underwater.
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free, ultra-compact, high-performance and very durable housing
- Camera Functions
- All camera controls except the rear control dial are operational through the housing. A gear-driven system allows use of the camera's ring function.
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at your fingertips and kept watertight with Ikelite's pioneering Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls.
- Wide-Angle Options
- The port accepts the 67mm threads of a wide-angle conversion lens without an adapter.