GPS is all the rage with video recording these days - The good folks at Contour have embraced it, presenting all you mt. bikers, skiers, and general lovers of action video with the Contour GPS HD Helmet Camera. With the Contour GPS you'll get GPS tracking capabilities and stunning 1920 x 1080p HD video. And of course, you'll also get the security of Contour's patented TRail system. The TRail system makes it easy to lock your Contour camera to your helmet, body, equipment, or vehicle using a number of ancillary mounting accessories.
Let's take a closer look at the GPS tracking function, shall we? The camera's built-in GPS receiver tracks your exact location numerous times each second - it also tracks your speed and elevation! Using the included Storyteller software you can review your entire trip on an interactive map. And when you upload your video to Contour's sharing site your stats can be posted for all to see - and to try and duplicate, if they dare.
The Contour GPS captures the aforementioned 1920 x 1080/30p HD video. The camera also gives you the option to record video in a number of other modes, including: Tall HD 960p for when a taller image would work better, Action HD 720p for fast action, and Contour 720p for those times when you're running low on space but you need to get that last great moment of the day.
Aside from beautiful high definition capture, the Contour GPS also captures 5MP digital stills - allowing you to keep the dedicated still cam at home. Regardless of how you choose to capture though, the cam records to microSD cards up to 32GB. There's even a 2GB microSD card included with the camera to get you started shooting from day! Awesome, right?
If you're a lover of all things action and outdoors, with a special hankering to tag, track, and share your exploits, the Contour GPS was designed with you in mind.
- Video Mapping
Add an entire new layer to your storytelling. The built-in GPS receiver tracks your location multiple times per second with pinpoint accuracy so you are able to capture your location, speed, and elevation while recording in beautiful hands-free HD
Make your video come to life with the Contour software. Watch your run via interactive map and video player that allows you to see and control the action. Challenge and compare stats with your friends to see who measures up
- High Definition
The Contour GPS captures beautiful 1080p video. It utilizes a 135° wide-angle rotating lens that delivers a true high quality image that captures all the action with minimal distortion and no fish-eye. It records stunning HD in all its glory
Several different camera settings help you get the shot that best fits your activity. Choose between 3 resolutions, 2 frame rates, or a still photo mode
- Full HD 1080p (1920 x1080 @ 30fps) to capture those awesome moments in awesome HD resolution
- Tall HD 960p (1280 x 960 @ 30fps) for those sports like surfing that are better suited to a taller image
- Action HD 720p (1280 x 720 @ 60fps) when frame rate is more important than resolution. The perfect setting to capture the fastest action. It reduces blur and rolling shutter effect
- Contour 720p (1280 x 720 @ 30fps). When space on your card is at a premium and you need to record that last epic adventure
- Still Photo - When you want to freeze frame the action, the photo mode is your perfect shot. You can pick from 6 rates (1, 2, 5, 10, 30, or 60 sec) to best capture that moment
- Mobile Connection
- With the new Bluetooth capability of the ContourGPS we've made it possible to check your angle on a smartphone screen before dropping in or taking off. The Contour App creates a wireless handheld viewfinder that enables you to align your shot to make sure you have the right angle and eliminate guesswork. Made for both iOS and Android, the ContourGPS connection also allows users to tweak settings via phone on the hill or at home
The Contour HD revolutionized the way people shoot and share video by creating the first wearable HD video camera. Its secret is the low profile design mated to the patented TRail system that makes it easy to slide and lock to your body, equipment, or vehicle
The camera, at only 5.2 ounces is small and lightweight, and like its little brother, the Contour GPS practically disappears while wearing it. The anodized aluminum body is built tough to take all your outdoors abuse and it is rated water resistant so you can assure you won't short circuit your adventure
Easy to operate and use. It's as simple as sliding a single over-sized switch forward to start and backwards to stop, even with a pair of gloves on. In addition we make it simple to line up your shot with a rotating lens and two lasers that assure you that you capture that perfect shot
- The compact and lightweight design principle was carried throughout every detail of the Contour GPS. The locking back door keeps the internal microSD card safe so that it can capture hours of HD video content. When expanded up to 32GB, it will record over 8 hours of HD content on one card
- Developed by a real rocket scientist, the built-in omni-directional microphone captures the rich sounds of the ride while keeping the wind noise to a minimum. Using AAC Audio Compression the front facing microphone assures you that you will hear every whisper or scream
- The simple to use Storyteller application allows you to download the videos from your camera to your computer in just a few clicks. Editing is as simple as an "Awesome" button to feature the best parts of your story, then you can become the ultimate producer by adding a title, description, and tags. Watch your run on the interactive map that lets you see and control the action as it happens