The Nikon CoolPix S70 is a compact, narrow-profile point-and-shoot digicam that along with its pocket-friendly design features a 12.1 megapixel CCD sensor and a bright, 3.5" OLED Touch Panel screen that allows you to adjust the exposure and tonal values, as well as focus the lens and fire the shutter by merely tapping on the camera's screen.
The S70's 5-way Vibration Reduction (VR) system compensates for up to 4-stops of camera shake when shooting at longer shutter speeds. The S70's VR system also increases the camera's shutter speed and adjusts the sensor's ISO sensitivity levels as needed under low-light conditions (up to ISO 6400). For trickier shooting scenarios, the camera's Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically captures up to 10 rapid exposures and selects and saves the best of the lot.
Aside from terrific still images, the CoolPix S70 can also capture 720p video clips @ 30fps with sound, which can be played back on your computer or TV for all to enjoy.
In the creative department, the S70 features an Auto Scene Selector, which can automatically detect up to 16 picture scenes and set the camera accordingly. And for shooting portraits, the CoolPix S70 features a 3-level skin softening mode, in-camera red-eye reduction, Face-priority AF for up to 12 faces, as well as Smile Shutter and Blink Warning functions to ensure everybody is smiling and wide-eyed in every picture.
- 12.1 Megapixels CCD
- 12.1 effective megapixels ensure vibrant, sharp prints up to 16x20" in size
- 5x Wide-angle Nikkor Zoom
- A 5x (28-140 mm equivalent) Nikkor Zoom enables tight portraits and broad landscape imagery
- 3.5" High-Resolution Touch Panel OLED Screen
- The CoolPix S70's 3.5" Touch Panel OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) allows you to control the camera's functions by simply tapping on the screen. You can also focus the camera and fire the shutter with a gentle tap of your fingertipas well as perform subtle tonal adjustments by simply moving touch-sensitive sliders across the camera's screen
- 5-Way VR Image Stabilization
Nikon's Hybrid Optical and Electronic VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization system compensates for the effects of camera shake for sharper, clearer pictures when shooting under low lighting conditions, or location where you cannot use flash. At the same time the camera's Motion Detection system automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO settings to compensate for camera shake and subject movement. High ISO ratings (up to 6400) helps ensure sharper results when shooting in low-light or capturing fast-moving subjects
By using the touch screen sliders in various scene modes, images can be modified as desired. You can also take advantage of Nikon's Best Shot Selector (BSS), which automatically captures up to 10 images, and then selects and saves the best picture of the bunch
- HD movies with sound
- The Nikon CoolPix S70 captures 720p HD video @ 30fps, which can be played back on your TV for all to enjoy
- Auto Scene Selector
- The Auto Scene Selector automatically recognizes the scene in your picture and adjusts the camera settings accordingly. In addition, there are 16 Scene Modes to choose from for capturing great pictures automatically
- Nikon's Smart Portrait System
- Nikon's Smart Portrait System allows you to smooth skin tones for portraits at 3 levels of adjustment. Other features include in-camera Red-eye fix, Face-priority AF for up to 12 faces, a Smile and Blink warning system that automatically captures 2 images in quick succession and saves the 'blink-less' image. The S70 also includes Nikon's patented D-Lighting, which opens shadow details and maintains highlight details