The Sea & Sea DX-GE5 Underwater Digital Camera & Housing is a kit that includes a Sea & Sea housing that is rated to a depth of 180' (55m), along with the Sea & Sea DX-G5WP camera that is waterproof to 16' (5m). The camera is ideal for snorkeling, surfing, skiing, fishing, sailing, and even certain industrial situations without the housing. When placed in the included housing, you can document the underwater world with both still images and video. The underwater photo and video modes help you take photos that will impress your land locked friends. If your housing floods your camera will still be safe since it is waterproof.
With face, smile, and blinking recognition functions, as well as blur reduction this is a great camera to use on land as well as under the sea. The camera features a large 2.7" LCD monitor with an automatic brightness adjustment function. This makes framing easy and fun. It is also perfect for low light photography with an ISO setting up to 1600.
The Sea & Sea DX-GE5 housing allows access to all camera functions underwater. The removable diffuser softens the light from the internal flash so it is suitable for macro photography, but an external strobe will give you better results. The housing can be opened or closed when attached to a camera tray and the retractable fiber optic cable socket, will position the optional fiber optic cable so your external strobe will fire every time.
The camera is part of a system that includes not only strobes but also a wide-angle conversion lens. Getting close to your subjects will improve the quality of your underwater images. The wide angle lens allows you to get close to large subjects and still have them fit in the frame. The DX-GE5 is a camera that you can grow with as you expand your underwater photography skills.
- All functions of the DX-GE5 camera are available underwater
- Features fiber-optic cable connector sockets and housing can be opened when mounted on a camera tray.
- The removable diffuser softens the light from the internal flash so it is suitable for macro photography.
- Comes with an LCD monitor hood to improve LCD visibility
- Optional wide angle conversion lens can be directly attached to the housing with a specially designed bayonet mount
- Strong yet compact housing that's rated to a depth of 180' (55m)
- Waterproof down to 16' (5m) without a housing, the camera is perfect for all outdoor activities and your camera will be safe even if the housing floods.
- 12.20 effective megapixels in a 1/2.3" primary color CCD produces hi res images.
- 2.7" LCD monitor with an automatic brightness adjustment function is easy to see when checking photos while shooting or during playback. It automatically adjusts the brightness of the LCD screen to match the amount of ambient light in the area.
- Underwater photo and video modes are ideal for capturing perfect underwater images or video.
- The 4x optical zoom has a practical 38-152mm zoom range.
- Equipped with recognition functions for faces, smiles, and blinking, as well as blur reduction function makes this the perfect camera for land use as well as underwater.
- With a high sensitive ISO of 1600 the camera is suitable for low light photography