When you have a camera that shoots photos and video, what kind of underwater light will you need? Flash won't work with video--but SeaLife's SL980 Underwater Photo/Video Light offers 500 lumens of continuous LED light technology. Effective at 1-2' for photos and 2-3' for videos, the SL980 gives you added depth and color balance in your close-up underwater images.
The light head is attached to an included flexible arm on a universal mounting base, and the light has a quick release for flexibility in lighting. With 8 different light mode settings and a rubber hood for shock protection, the SL980 is a terrific lighting solution for stills and video underwater. Using the SL980 in combination with the SeaLife Digital Pro Flash creates the ideal underwater lighting set-up for photos--the Digital Pro Flash brightens up colorful backgrounds at longer shooting distances, and the SL980 makes close-up colors come alive with its wide-angle 70° beam that evenly illuminates the subject without hot spots.
The SL980 features easy-to-use, one-button operation, and runs on 4 AA batteries.
- Powerful 500 lumen LED light. Latest LED technology featuring 3 x 3W Cree XP-G R5 LEDs
- One button control for easy operation. One button to power light on/off and select light modes.
- Quick-release to detach light from its arm for aiming into dark areas and discover hiding sea creatures.
- Includes flexible arm and tray. Easy aiming with rubberized flexible arm and universal mounting tray.
- Flash Cancellation mode. Light dims for 2 seconds when detecting external flash.
- No hot spots. Soft, 70 degree light beam evenly illuminates the subject with no hot spots
- Effective Range - Video 2-3ft. (0.6-1m) Photo 1-2ft. (0.3-0.6m)
- Color Temperature - 6,500K
- Depth tested to 300 ft (100m) - Guaranteed
Customized Light Modes--Select between 8 different light mode settings:
Flash Cancellation ON or OFF: Light dims for 2 seconds when detecting external flash.
Light Power Levels: Single power (100%) or 3 power (100%→50%→25%) or 3 power plus signal (100%→50%→25%→Blinking→SOS)
Power Overdrive: Increase light power to 600 lumens for 2 minute.
- Coiled safety lanyard so you don't lose the light when it's disconnected from its arm.
- Rubber hood for added shock protection against drops and rough handling.
- Operates on 4x AA batteries