This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This Ikelite 6801.70 Underwater Housing for Nikon D7000 allows TTL operation with Ikelite digital DS SubStrobes when connected to the housing's bulkhead by a sync cord. The circuitry provides four 1/3 f/stop increments over or under flash compensation to be added to or subtracted from any compensation entered into the camera. Seven manual power settings in half-stop increments allow for complete creative control. All choices are obtained by simply rotating a knob on the housing back.
The housing is rated to a depth of 200' (60 m). The auto exposure lock and focus lock are placed where they can be activated with your thumb while taking a picture. Camera installation is quick and simple and the o-ring seal can be checked visually through the clear housing.
The Release Handle system allows for easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms at the touch of a button. Two screws remove the handle and tray assembly for traveling. The housing is sized and weighted for near neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater. An External Strobe is recommended to improve the images by reducing the illumination of particles suspended in the water.
An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allows use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses. The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing secures to the camera eyepiece and offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask.
Note: Requires Lens Port, to match specific lens on SLR camera. Please also note that some zoom lenses might require addition of a Close-Up #4 diopter filter on the lens.
Click here for required lens port.
- External Flash Ready
- TTL compatible with all DS Substrobes
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free; Unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions with visual confirmation of O-ring seal
- Camera Functions
- All except diopter adjustment dial
- Enhanced Viewing
- The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing secures to the camera eyepiece and offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip, and kept water tight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls
- Multiple Lens Capability
- An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allow use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses
- Release Handle
- Easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms, and other accessories, at the touch of a button