The road worthy Nady DigiComp 16 18-Bit Digital Compressor is an ultra-portable digital compressor with an all-metal 1/3 rack-ready housing. The housing is designed for tabletops as well. Equipped with unique digital AGC and proprietary algorithms, the DigiComp 16 is able to turn those algorithms into real dynamic compression, which adds punch to weak signals and dimensions to your sound. The compressor affords several useful limiter functions as well.
The front panel of the DigiComp 16 features a Program Select control knob, Variations Select control knob, Input Level control knob, Output Level control knob and a Process Bypass switch. The Program Select feature provides an exceptional assortment of 16 popular, totally original digital compressor ROM programs. These 16 presets are controlled by the front panel control knob, which lets you quickly and easily dial in the preset you want. The Program Select presets include AGC Pure, Acoustic, Master, Clean, Dance, Kick Drum, Mixdown and Jumping up. The other eight presets represent classic stereo settings.
The DigiComp 16 front panel also features a Variations Select control knob. This knob lets you set the AGC parameters for each of the 16 presets. The Variations Select affords 16 user-selectable parameter variations for each algorithm. Another front panel adjustment knob is the input level control, which lets you set the main input gain, before the signal reaches the input bus. This one knob controls both the left (mono) channel and the right channel simultaneously. There's an output level control as well. This control allows you to set the level going to the amplifier or mixer from the DigiComp 16.
Since the compressor is digital, it requires an AD/DA converter. The DigiComp 16 features advanced, state-of-the-art digital processing with 18-bit Sigma-Delta AD/DA converting. It supports high-speed operation up to 12.5 million instructions per second (MIPs), as well as 52-bit accumulator resolution. This ensures top-quality audio with negligible distortion, full bandwidth response, low noise and a high dynamic range.
The DigiComp 16 rear panel uses 1/4" jacks for all inputs and outputs. The compressor is equipped with a 1/4" left (mono) input jack and a 1/4" right input jack. It also features a 1/4" left output jack and a 1/4" right output jack. There's even a 1/4" bypass jack for connecting to an effects bypass foot switch. Plus, the versatile +4/-10dBu input signal level in stereo and mono operation, affords a high-gain mono input for plugging instruments direct-in to the compressor.
- Program Select Control
- Exceptional assortment of 16 popular preset digital compressor ROM programs including AGC Pure, Acoustic, Master, Clean, Dance, Kick Drum, Mixdown, Jumping Up, and eight other classic stereo settings. A single knob switches between all 16 one-of-a-kind presets
- Variations Select Control
- Each of the eight program presets and eight classic stereo settings feature 16 user-selectable parameter variations for each algorithm
- Real Dynamic Compression
- Each program preset features a unique digital AGC or proprietary algorithm that provides real dynamic compression for adding punch to weak signals and dimensions to your sound. The algorithms provide useful limiter functions as well
- 18-Bit Sigma-Delta AD/DA Conversions
- Advanced state-of-the-art digital processing with 18-bit Sigma-Delta AD/DA conversions, high-speed 12.5MIPs operation and 52-bit accumulator resolution ensures high-quality audio with negligible distortion, a 20Hz to 20KHz full bandwidth response, low noise and a high dynamic range
- Front Panel Controls & Indicators
- Front panel conveniently equipped with an input level gain-control knob, output level gain-control knob, bypass switch, power LED indicator, peak signal LED indicator, Program Select control knob and Variations Select control knob
- Rear Panel I/O Stereo & Bypass Jacks
- DigiComp 16 rear panel offers dual 1/4" TS input jacks with left/mono and right, dual 1/4" TS output jacks with left and right, a 1/4" TS bypass jack for connecting a foot switch, and a 9V AC power jack for connecting the supplied power adapter
- Versatile Input Signal Operation
- Versatile +4 stereo to -10dBu mono input signal level operation. The high-gain mono input is designed for plugging your instruments direct-in
- All-Metal Housing
- DigiComp 16 protected by a road worthy, ultra-portable and all-metal 1/3 rack mount or table top housing