The Fujifilm FinePix HS20EXR Digital Camera (Black) brings you features usually found only on professional DSLR cameras--besides the 16 megapixel resolution, the HS20EXR offers a 30x wide-angle optical zoom lens (35mm equivalent of an astonishing 24-720mm zoom range), high-speed shooting at up to 8 frames per second at full 16MP resolution for 7 continuous frames and sensitivity up to ISO 6400 (or ISO 12800 in lower resolution S mode). Use JPEG and/or RAW for highly accessible or very high quality files.
But that's just the beginning: the HS20EXR has CMOS-shift-type image stabilization and a Pro Low Light mode that helps prevent camera shake and combines four rapid high-sensitivity and low-noise exposures into one sharp low-noise photo.
You can use auto tracking focus to get sharp pictures of a moving person or object; access one of the scene positions to get optimal exposure and focus for specific types of photos, such as portrait, landscape, sport, beach, snow, sunset, night, fireworks, flower, text, natural light with flash, etc., or take a seamless panorama in the camera without a tripod, by simply taking photos as you sweep the camera right or left, up or down--the image processor seamlessly stitches multiple photos together to form a beautiful panorama (up to 360° wide).
And don't forget the gorgeous HD video with 1080p resolution and stereo sound--it can even record at 340 frames per second to catch the fastest action and play it back in ultra slow-motion! This is a complete picture-taking machine.
16MP Back Side Illuminated CMOS Sensor
3" 460K Resolution Tilting LCD Screen
30x Fujinon Optical 24-720mm Equivalent Zoom Lens
- From Zoom to Super-Wide Angle
- With just a twist of the lens barrel, the manual zoom instantly takes you from 24mm wide-angle landscapes to super 30x telephoto close-up of distant wildlife. Select the remarkable 1cm Super Macro Mode and ordinary subjects like flowers or even a raindrop become extraordinary photos. No bulky lenses to carry around and you don't need to worry about getting dust on the lens or sensor. With the sealed integrated lens design, you enjoy "all in one" convenience and breathtaking Fujinon optical quality across the entire zoom range!
- High-Precision Molded Glass Aspheric Lens
- By precisely focusing light at the same point on the focal plane, aspheric lens design eliminates the need for additional corrective lens elements. While this lens reduces distortion at wide angles, improves resolution in both center and edge areas, cuts glare and reflections, and minimizes chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range, the lens also makes possible a lighter and more compact design.
- Fujinon Optical Excellence
- Acclaimed by imaging professionals, Fujinon molds its high-precision aspheric lenses from extra-low dispersion glass to deliver superior resolution and low color aberration, and applies an originally developed Super Electronic Beam Coating to minimize ghosting, flare and purple fringe.
- 1cm Super Macro
- Sets an accurate focus moving in as close as approx. 1cm (0.4-inch). Impressive full-frame close-ups can be taken.
- CMOS Shift Image Stabilization
- Long telephoto shots usually suffer from camera shake and subject movement which can ruin photos by producing blurred results. The FinePix HS20EXR's highly effective CMOS-shift and high ISO image stabilization ensures that your shots stay extra-crisp and clear, even at the full 30x zoom.
- High Speed Shooting Functions
- High speed auto focus brings the subject into focus in as little as 0.160 seconds, and ensures that each frame in your burst sequence is captured in sharp clarity, and the HS20EXR never misses the decisive moment, capturing the action at almost 8fps at full 16MP resolution (max. 8 frames) or shoot at 11fps at 4 megapixel resolution (max. 32 frames). The high-performance EXR CMOS sensor provides a range of burst shooting options from 12fps at 4 megapixels (max. 12 frames). Sometimes things happen too fast for you to see them properly with your own eyes--the FinePix HS20EXR can freeze the action at up to an amazing 320fps in video mode! So you can see every single minute detail and watch things happening step by step in slow motion.
- Best Frame Capture Mode
- Timing your shot is ever so easy with Best Frame Capture. Half-press the shutter and the FinePix HS20EXR starts recording photos at 11fps at 8 megapixel resolution. When the moment happens, fully press the shutter button and the camera captures up to 16 frames including pre-recorded frames, giving you the opportunity to select the best shot.
- Super Intelligent Flash
- Take flash-assisted shots without flash washout. This new generation Super Intelligent Flash system ensures that all subjects are captured in bright clear detail over the full flash range (even in macro shots).
- 1080p HD Movie
- The FinePix HS20EXR maximizes high sensitivity to capture exceptionally crisp and colorful full HD video (1080p; 30fps/High Profile) with impressive stereo sound, even in low-light conditions. EXR realizes the H.264 format, incorporating both high quality image and small data size. Manually select Film Simulation and produce various color expressions. A one-touch movie record button enables you to capture all the action in full HD.
New Advances in RP (Real Photo) Technology
- EXR Pixel Array & Color Array - Only Fujifilm
- The new BSI (Back Side Illuminated) EXR CMOS sensor is a ground-breaking breakthrough in image quality. 16 megapixels is impressive and delivers a leap in resolution, but the real difference is in the technology. The unique EXR pixel and color arrays are key to image quality. Rotated by 45 degrees, the EXR pixel array increases both horizontal and vertical resolution. By using the diagonally-aligned twin pixels of the same color, the sensor can switch between HR (High Resolution), DR (Wide Dynamic Range) and SN (High Sensitivity and Low Noise) modes depending on the scene, ensuring that every moment is captured with the highest image quality.
- High Resolution (16 Megapixels)
- Just as your eyes see even the tiniest of details when looking at something in good light, HR (High Resolution) mode maximizes the full 16 megapixel resolution of the FinePix HS20EXR to reproduce even the smallest details in bright, beautiful color.
- Wide Dynamic Range 1600%
- Just as your eyes see the full range of shadows to highlights in high-contrast scenes, DR mode simultaneously captures two images to produce a single image with significantly enhanced dynamic range, revealing subtle details in shadow and eliminating washout of bright areas.
- High Sensitivity & Low Noise
- Just as your eyes strive to make dark scenes as bright and detailed as possible, SN mode takes advantage of high-sensitivity to capture smooth texture and natural brightness with minimal noise.
- The CMOS Edge
- Adoption of a high-speed transfer circuit architecture enables fast data signal readout, which in turn makes the new high speed movie possible along with the high speed continuous shooting functions.
- BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS
- The BSI (Back Side Illuminated) sensor structure moves the wiring to the back side of the sensor, vastly improving sensitivity and reducing noise.
- EXR Processor
- Harnessing the high-speed performance of the BSI EXR CMOS sensor, the Dual CPU, EXR Core and Reconfigurable Processor power a host of functions including high-sensitivity HD movies and continuous shooting as well as expanded scene recognition and Pro Modes while the new Vector Graphics Accelerator drives the enhanced image quality of the rich GUI.
EXR AUTO Recognizes 27 Scenes
- Advanced Scene Recognition
- With the ability to identify 27 basic types of scene and then check whether or not a person is present and how much light is available, EXR AUTO is able to identify exactly what type of scene you are shooting and optimizes exposure, white balance, focus, color and tonality accordingly. What's more it records this data and lets you search through your photos by scene type (eg: night portrait, or Macro) enabling you to find the pictures you are after quickly and easily.
- The uniqueness of an EXR sensor is its ability to adapt its settings to the demands of the shot. With three modes to choose from, it is unlike any other sensor on the market and is only available on Fujifilm cameras. EXR AUTO selects the optimum sensor mode automatically. With three modes to choose from: HR, SN and DR. HR: High Resolution mode is perfect for well lit conditions and uses all 16 megapixels. SN: High Sensitivity and Low Noise mode is designed for use at night or in dark conditions and it halves the number of pixels to create 8 mega super pixels which are extra sensitive to light. DR: Dynamic Range mode is suited to high-contrast conditions where you have both bright sunlight and dark shadows present. It works by combining one high-exposure and one low-exposure shot to create an 8 megapixel image with detail in both the highlights and in the shadows.
- Sky & Greenery x HR
- Automatically recognizes the vivid colors of the azure sky and the green grass as it is optimized even more with the EXR sensor mode of High Resolution for bright scene to capture every finest detail of the scene.
- Shooting Modes
- Natural Light, Natural Light & with Flash, Portrait, Portrait enhancer, Dog, Cat, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Underwater, Party, Flower, Text, plus Mode dial has EXR, P, S, A, M, SP, Adv, and AUTO settings.
- Face Detection/Recognition + Dog/Cat Detection
- Face Detection optimizes people pictures by detecting faces and adjusting focus and exposure to ensure bright, clear results. The Face Detection can simultaneously recognizes up to 10 faces in a photo. Share your group portraits using the zoom up function in playbacks, checking each detected face. Each priceless expression can be cropped and saved in clear high resolution results. The FinePix HS20EXR not only detects faces in a frame but it can also recognize who is who! You can register up to 8 people in your camera and next time you take a photo of them it will bring up their name and optimize settings in favor of your registered faces. In playback, you can search for all photos containing registered faces to quickly find photos of your favorites. Red-eye removal automatically detects and corrects flash reflection for a perfect end result. By incorporating Dog / Cat Detection function, the FinePix HS20EXR is able to detect dog or cat faces*, optimizing focus and exposure for pet photos that will delight everyone. An auto-release function can also be selected to automatically shoot the photo when the pet is looking directly at the camera.
- Smile/Blink Detection
- Smile Detection recognizes the moment your subject smiles and releases the shutter only when this happens, ensuring a happy photo every time. Additionally, the Blink Detection function warns you if any of your subjects have blinked so that you can re-take the photo if necessary.
- i-Flash Intelligent Flash
- A flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Gone are the ugly washout shots where the subject is blasted with light and the background is too dark.
- Tracking Auto Focus (AF)
- Tracks fast moving subjects so they don't escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
- Motion Panorama Mode
- Lets you take panorama photos as simply as 1, 2, 3! The camera automatically stitches together three consecutive shots, with simple in-frame guidance to ensure the images are aligned. The resulting image is saved to the memory card as an impressive panorama.
- Pro Focus Mode with Face Detection
- This focus-bracketing mode emulates the gentle, out-of-focus background look of a DSLR when shooting portraits or macro subjects. A single press of the shutter first takes an exposure focused on the main subject, then additional exposures at different focus points. This produces a final image emphasizing the sharply focused subject against a soft, out-of-focus background.
- Pro Low-Light Mode
- Ideal for shooting non-moving subjects in low light, this mode automatically takes a series of four high-sensitivity & low-noise exposures and then combines them into an image with less noise than the single exposures.
- Film Simulation Mode
- Simulate the distinctive look of 5 different types of film (Provia/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, Astia/Soft, Black & White, Sepia) with just a touch of a button. Modeled on Fujifilm brands loved by professional photographers, each breathes life into your image with a quality that previously only film could capture.
- Three Bracketing Functions
Film Simulation Bracketing--One press of the shutter produces three images of PROVIA, Velvia and ASTIA modes.
AE Bracketing--Continuous capture of three frames with exposure range of up to ±1.0EV.
Dynamic Range Bracketing--One press of the shutter produces three images in a different dynamic range (100%, 200%, 400%).
- Operations for Quick Responsive Environment
- Quick and easy setup of command buttons for your shooting needs in responsive environment. One hand for mode and the command dial with other for direct shooting controls. Fingers naturally find their way to ergonomically slanted mode and command controls. Quickly access and adjust the camera settings and controls with direct shooting command buttons conveniently located to the left of the LCD (ISO, AE, AF, WB, AF C/S/M, Movie Record buttons). A histogram and horizon level display are always available. There's also a one-touch RAW button for quickly adding a RAW image to your JPEG.
- Electronic Viewfinder with Eye Sensor
- Put your eye to the EVF and Eye Sensor automatically switches display from the LCD to the highly responsive viewfinder.
Image Sharing and Post Capture Functions
- Fun Entertaining Function with Tagging Technology
- Fujifilm's Tagging Technology lets you tag images for search optimization, organizing your photo collection and easy uploading.
- Easy Web Uploading to YouTube & FACEBOOK via MyFinePix Studio
- The FinePix HS20EXR features image selection and editing functions that make it easier than ever to upload video clips or still photos to YouTube & FACEBOOK sites. When the FinePix HS20EXR is connected to a PC, the marked images are uploaded to the designated site, eliminating the need for time-consuming PC-based image processing or selection. MyFinePix Studio detects new images to upload. When finding new image to upload, the uploader starts automatically. Sort your favorite photos tagged by rank of stars from 0 through 5. Quickly search favorite pictures depending on the rank using image search.
- Photobook Assist
- Create a photo album in your camera. Easily accessible and mobile, you can share images with family and friends anytime, anywhere. Installed in-camera, you can create a photobook folder where tagged images will be stored and organized accordingly. Your photobook can also be ordered online for print when connected to the internet (MyFinePix Studio is required to be updated through Internet to use this function), as well as when you go to stores to get your photos printed (print service availability depends on region), images can easily be sorted when tagged.
- Image Search
- By Date, Type of Data, Face, Favorite Rank, Scene, or Upload Mark
- Micro Thumbnail View
- Up to 100 pictures can be viewed at a time in a 10x10 array of micro thumbnails. Convenient for smooth and comfortable playback.
- Close-ups of detected faces are shown in slideshow style.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slot
- The versatile card slot is compatible with SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.