This Fujifilm FinePix S2950 14MP Digital Camera (Black) offers a lot for a photographer looking to upgrade to a more advanced camera: 14MP resolution, an amazing, high-quality wide-angle 18x optical zoom lens (28-504mm equivalent), an electronic viewfinder and advanced features commonly found in sophisticated DSLR cameras.
Beginning with a crystal-clear, 3" LCD monitor with 230K-dot resolution, the S2950 has high sensitivity up to ISO 6400 that allows you to take pictures at dusk and other low-light situations, and CCD shift image stabilization prevents camera shake from ruining a good shot. Automatic scene recognition will know when you're shooting a portrait, a landscape, a night portrait, a macro shot, etc. and make the right adjustments to give you the picture you want. The macro function allows you to photograph a subject as close as 0.78' (2 cm) from the lens. Tracking auto focus keeps a moving object in focus, and the face/smile/blink detection mode optimizes pictures of people, catching the smile and missing the blink.
And on top of all these techno-goodies, you get HD video with 720p resolution for those times when only a movie will do.
- 14 Megapixels
- An impressive 14 megapixels resolution won't miss the finest details of your subject. Images are captured sharp and clear, in vivid colors, even when printed at large sizes.
- 18x Zoom W/Wide-Angle 28-504mm Lens
- Fujinon Lens, the high precision optic lens from Fujifilm is used in various industries - satellite in outer space, TV/film, surveillance, and compact cameras. The technology provides a great wide angle (1x) and telephoto optical zoom.
- Electronic Viewfinder (EVF)
- With the EVF/LCD button, the electronic viewfinder (EVF) and the LCD can be switched. When looking into the EVF, you can shoot photos with your arms positioned steadily, reducing blurring of images.
- High Sensitivity ISO 6400
- With maximum sensitivity of ISO 6400, photos appear natural and more true to life even with limited available light. High sensitivity also stops the action of high-speed moving subjects (at ISO 3200 & 6400, the number of recorded pixels is limited to a maximum of 3MP and at full resolution (16MP), sensitivity is limited to a maximum ISO 1600).
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Dual Image Stabilization is the combination of high sensitivity and CCD shift image stabilization that works to eliminate blurred photos by freezing action and minimizing blurs at maximum zoom range.
- HDTV-Compatible Photos & Video
- Able to capture both photos and movies in high-definition 16:9 format, this camera lets you discover the impact of full-screen HDTV image display. Capture high resolution still images in 16:9 format (4,288 x 2,416 pixels, 3,072 x 1,728 pixels, 1,920 x 1,080 pixels) and also high resolution video images in 16:9 format (1,280 x 720 pixels).
- 6 Scene SR AUTO
- Framed scenes are automatically detected and selected into appropriate camera settings: Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Night Portrait, and Backlit Portrait.
- Face Detection
- Face Detection optimizes people pictures by detecting faces and adjusting focus and exposure to ensure bright, clear results. The Face Detection can simultaneously recognizes up to 10 faces in a photo. Share your group portraits using the Zoom Up function in playbacks, checking each detected face. Each priceless expression can be cropped and saved in clear high resolution results. Red-eye removal automatically detects and corrects flash reflection for a perfect end result.
- Blink Detection
- The camera will warn you when people in the frame are blinking, giving you the option to retake the photo, or enlarge the face so you can save or delete the image before you take the next shot.
- Smile & Shoot Mode
- The Smile & Shoot mode of Scene Position, automatically releases the shutter when the smile appears so you won't miss the adorable smile the moment they happen.
- Motion Panorama
- Lets you take panorama photos as simply as 1, 2, 3! The camera automatically stitches together three consecutive shots, with simple in-frame guidance to ensure the images are aligned. The resulting image is saved to the memory card as an impressive panorama.
- 2cm Super Macro Shooting
- Sets an accurate focus moving in as close as approx. 2cm (0.8") from the lens, for impressive full-frame close-ups.
- Tracking Auto Focus
- Keeps fast moving subjects in the frame and in focus, even at 5x zoom extended. Great for capturing dynamic close-ups.
- Instant Zoom
- A function to follow moving subjects in standard wide view for easy framing at high zoom settings. With a single press of a button, the subject tracked within the selected frame on the LCD, will be captured and saved at a high zoom ratio (1.4x or 2.0x digital zoom).
- Zoom Bracketing Mode
- Enables three shots to be taken at the single press of the button, at varying degrees of magnification (original, 1.4x and 2.0x). This enables instant editing on the camera to choose the ideal shot, rather than having to go back to a PC to facilitate a digital crop.
- Versatile Shooting Modes
- In addition to a wide range of shooting modes, the camera offers a selection of versatile scene positions that ensure optimum results no matter what the scene--includes Portrait, Landscape, Night, Sunset, Party, Natural Light & With Flash, Baby Mode, Night (Tripod), Snow, Flower, Natural Light, Smile, Sport, Fireworks, Beach, and Text.
- Other Shooting Functions
Framing Guideline--framing assistance for you to place the main subject on the crossing point of vertical and horizontal lines for a balanced shot.
White Balance--optimizes the white balance according to the lighting conditions under various shooting modes: Auto, Custom, Preset (Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Underwater lighting).
Flash--flash settings are available for best results for various modes, such as Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro, and Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro.
AF/AE Lock--AF/AE function locks onto the subject while the shutter button is held down half way. Most effective when the subject is not in the center of the frame
Self Timer--the shutter sets off as it waits 2 to 10 seconds after the button is released.
- A Remarkable Compact Body
- Supplied with impressive powerful zooming functions, the FinePix S2950 is small and lightweight enough to take with you anywhere.
- Easy Web Uploading to YouTube & FACEBOOK via MyFinePix Studio
- This camera features image selection and editing functions that make it easier than ever to upload video clips or still photos to YouTube & FACEBOOK sites. When the camera is connected to a PC, the marked images are uploaded to the designated site, eliminating the need for time-consuming PC-based image processing or selection. MyFinePix Studio detects new images to upload. When finding new image to upload, the uploader starts automatically. Sort your favorite photos tagged by rank of stars from 0 through 5. Quickly search favorite pictures depending on the rank using image search.
- Photobook Assist
- Create a photo album in your camera. Easily accessible and mobile, you can share images with family and friends anytime, anywhere. Installed in-camera, you can create a photobook folder where tagged images will be stored and organized accordingly. Your photobook can also be ordered online for print when connected to the internet, as well as when you go to stores to get your photos printed, images can easily be sorted when tagged.
- Image Search
- With the convenient Image Search Function, you can search pictures by Date, Face, Scene, Type of Data and Favorite Rank.
- Close-ups of detected faces are shown in slideshow style.
- Red-eye Removal During Playback
- This function corrects red-eyes while playback of detected faces.
- 3.0" Large LCD
- The 3.0" large, bright LCD display makes it easy to compose great photos. Sharing pictures is a pleasure, thanks to a high-impact 230,000-dot resolution.
- SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot
- The versatile card slot is compatible with SD and high-capacity Secure Digital (SDHC) memory cards.