The Olympus SZ-30MR Digital Camera boasts an array of features from a 16Mp CMOS sensor to 1080p HD video to 3D photo capture, and then some. In addition to the impressive resolution, Olympus gave the SZ-30MR a number of helpful functions that give you real flexibility when shooting. Let's start with the basics.
The camera has a 24x optical zoom for high-quality close-ups of your subjects, a generous 3.0" LCD display for composition and playback, and the TruePic III+ image processor for quick processing of files, just for starters. The 30MR also has an ISO up to 3200, Dual Image Stabilization, and various other settings, including exposure metering selections, a wide choice of shutter speeds, and white balance controls.
The SZ-30MR, along with taking 16Mp still images and 1080p HD video, gives you the option of capturing both at once with a feature Olympus calls multi-recording. No matter what you're documenting, however, all of your files can be stored to SD/SDHC or SDXC memory cards. The camera is even Wi-Fi compatible when using an Eye-Fi card. That means you can email or upload images straight from the SZ-30MR when using an optional Eye-Fi card.
Other useful features include Smart Panorama, which as the name implies, captures panoramic shots, Magic Art Filter which give your photos and movies a fun and creative feel, and the 3D photo mode which gives your images an eye-popping effect, by combining two pictures. Additional features include AF tracking and face detection.
- An amazing 16 million pixels in the high sensitivity CMOS sensor gains better image quality with less noise for improved image detail, especially in low-light situations
- 24x Wide Angle Optical Zoom
- All the capabilities you need in one compact lens. The 24x optical zoom gets you amazingly close to the action while the 25mm wide-angle lens lets you capture breathtaking panoramas
- 3.0" LCD Display
- This huge 3" LCD features an extra-wide viewing angle and anti-glare technology for easier composing and shooting even in direct, bright sunlight
- 1080p HD Movie and HDMI Control
- The high-resolution 1080p HD movie capability allows you to capture high-quality Full HD video for viewing on your HDTV
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Dual Image Stabilization combines Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization with high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds to capture crisp, clear images in any situation
- Wi-Fi Compatibility (with Eye-Fi Card)
- No need for cables or even a computer. Upload or email images directly from your camera with an optional Eye-Fi card
- Smart Panorama
- Capture breathtaking panoramic views and vistas just as you remembered them, all in one frame and at the touch of a button, by simply panning the camera across the scene
- Magic Filter Still and Movie
- Add style and artistic flair to stills and movies with Olympus' Magic Art Filters. Joining Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fish Eye, and Soft Focus are the new Punk, which creates a two tone image with a classic punk rock feel, Watercolor, which transforms images into frame-worthy paintings, and Sparkle, which adds a twinkle to your photos
- 3D Photos
- Discover the depth of 3D stills. From macro shots to landscapes, Olympus' 3D technology shoots two pictures and combines them into one image for a dramatic effect when viewed on a 3D device. Perfect for bringing your memories to life
- AF Tracking
- AF Tracking automatically tracks unpredictable, fast-moving subjects such as kids and pets, and continuously adjusts the focus and brightness so you can capture these photogenic whirlwinds with ease
- Dual TruePic III+
- Dual TruePic III+ Image Processor allows you to capture HD movies and 16Mp still images simultaneously while precisely delivering true-to-life color, the sharpest details, and less noise
- Additional Specifications
- Focus system: CCD contrast detection; Exposure compensation: +/- 2 EV steps in 1/3 EV steps; number of recorded pixels: 16MP (4,608 x 3456) 8MP (3,264 x 2,448) 5MP (2,560 x 1,920) 3MP (2,048 x 1,536) 2MP (1,600 x 1,200) 1MP (1,280 x 960) VGA (640 x 480) 16:9 (4,288 x 2,416); shooting modes: 30 Shooting Modes; Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization, Smart Panorama, 3D Mode, 8 Magic Filters, Scene Modes (1. PORTRAIT, 2. BEAUTY, 3. LANDSCAPE, 4. HAND-HELD NIGHT SCENE. 5. NIGHT SCENE, 6. NIGHT+PORTRAIT, 7. SPORT, 8. INDOOR, 9. SELF PORTRAIT, 10. SUNSET, 11. FIREWORKS, 12. CUISINE, 13. DOCUMENTS, 14. BEACH & SNOW, 15. PET (Cat), 16. PET (Dog)), HD Movie, Magic Filter(Pop Art, Pinhole, Fisheye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor); continuous shooting: 1.7 fps / 18 images (16M), 7.0 fps / 5 images (16M), 15 fps / 70 images (5M); shooting assist functions: histogram, frame assist, voice recording; movie mode: HDMI, 1080p, 720p, 360p, 180p, VGA, QVGA; image playback: still image: Single, Index Display (4 x 3, 6 x 5), Collection, Event, Event-Play, Collection-Play, Collage, Up to 10x Enlargement, Slideshow, Rotation, Protection, Histogram, Voice Playback, movie: Normal, Fast-Forward, Reverse, Index Play, Frame-by-Frame, Voice Playback; playback edit effects: still image: Beauty Fix, Resize, Cropping, Saturation;