The USBDualTubePre from ART is a compact, dual channel tube preamp suitable for use in any basic recording system. It functions standalone as a tube-based microphone preamp, or as the front end for a DAW via either USB, or using the S/PDIF output (the latter delivers a higher bit rate).
Each input of the unit has independent input gain control and output level, phase inversion, low frequency roll-off, 48V phantom power and an opto-compressor circuit that can be bypassed if required. Monitoring is available via a stereo mini headphone jack with level and monitor mix controls.
The mix controls allow latency free monitoring of the inputs while recording, as well as playback monitoring of audio mix via the USB bus. The monitor mix is also routed to the 1/4" balanced outputs, with separate level control for control room monitor source.
The interface is fully USB compliant with no special drivers needed. It functions under both Mac OS X and multiple versions of Windows operating systems.
- 2-channel Tube based Microphone/Instrument preamp computer interface
- Low noise discrete front end with variable input and output controls
- Optical output compressor to simplify recording and prevent overload
- USB connectivity to desktop and laptop computers
- S/PDIF output for expanding inputs on digital workstations and computer interfaces
- Latency free monitoring mix and level controls
- Balanced XLR for lo-Z applications and 1/4" hi-Z inputs for instrument DI applications
- Separate gain, phase invert, low cut filter and compressor switches on each input
- Selectable dual or stereo operation of output controls
- Switch selectable inserts on each channel
- Insert jacks provide a preamp direct out for each channel
- Stereo/ dual operation of optical compressor
- Mono switch for single input monitoring
- S/PDIF sample rate switch selectable between 44.1 and 48kHz
- Precision LED metering of both the preamp and A/D sections
- Built-in low noise +48V phantom power supply
- Compact, stackable all aluminum chassis