The Aquatica AD7000 Underwater Housing for Nikon D7000 with Nikonos Bulkhead, Optical Port & Aqua View Finder is machined from a solid block of aluminum on five-axis CNC machines. It's anodized to military specs for protection, and a coating of powder paint is baked on. For further protection, corrosion-inhibiting zinc anodes are included as standard. This compact housing operates safely to a depth of 300', and a moisture alarm is factory-installed to alert you to the unthinkable with both a light and an auditory alarm.
The integrity of the housing is only one aspect of the AD7000; just as impressive are the intricate systems of springs and belts and gears of the interior. These provide access to all camera functions via easy-to-operate levers, buttons, and knurled knobs. Take advantage of all the D7000's powerful modes for shooting hi-res RAW and JPG stills as well as 1080p HD video. All functions are identified with pad-printed paint for quick visual identification, so you won't be left wondering where familiar controls have been relocated.
The lens port has a positive mount and locking mechanism, which leaves no doubt that your port is securely in place and watertight. A single multifunction lever is used to unlock and lock the lens port and also to disengage and move the pinion gear out the way so the camera and lens, with its gear attached, can slide out of the housing easily. (Disengaging the pinion gear is also helpful when one wishes to alternate between AF and Manual focus on some prime lenses.) Because the lever can be operated to depress the camera's lens-release button, the camera body can also remain in the housing while you change lenses. The housing allows use of lenses ranging from fisheye (10mm / 180°) to a 200mm macro lens.Two molded lightweight grips handles provide secure handling of the housing. The grip handles are made in one piece, so they can't fall apart in any way. Both grips have mounting holes that are ready to accept the most current strobes and their supporting arms. The housing body has an extra mounting point for a focus/video light or other accessories, and three mounting points are provided under for various brackets for a tripod.
The housing features a single Nikonos bulkhead and a single optical bulkhead.
The Aquatica AD7000 housing has a high-quality, coated Galileo-type eyepiece that delivers a big and bright image of the entire viewfinder to your eye. This package also includes the attachable Aqua View Finder, which shows a magnified image of 100% of the camera's viewfinder that's enhanced and enlarged to 1.5".
Note: Requires Lens port
Also Note: Most zoom lenses require a close-up diopter filter to correct focus distance.
- Moisture Alarm
- The factory-installed moisture detector both gives a visual signal (via a red LED) and emits an audio alarm by triggering a high-frequency piezoelectric buzzer. The popular CR 2032 battery powers this function
- Strobe Connectors
- The housing features a single Nikonos-type connector and an optical fiber port for Sea & Sea and Inon-type connectors
- Internal Camera Flash Access
- A flip lever on the housing allows you to unfold the camera's flash to the up position and to shut it back down, so you can easily switch between flash and ambient-light photography
- Positive-Lock Bayonet Port
- A positive four-point bayonet mounting and a locking mechanism leave no doubt that your ports are secured in place and are watertight. The bayonet system dome ports, macro ports, and extension rings offer the fastest and most comprehensive access to the lenses for rapid changing without having to remove the camera from the housing. This housing allows use of lenses from a 10mm/180° fisheye lens to as long as a 200mm macro lens. Teleconverter port extensions are also available
- Controls & Menus
- Enjoy access to all camera menus and video controls, including On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, ISO lever, Exposure Mode, Bracketing, Meter positioning, and focus control, and AF activation and lock. Access to all of the menu's features include enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences, and a quick access and conveniently angled review button. Buttons on the left hand side have been angled 20° and are extended where necessary for better ergonomics. Knobs are grooved and knurled for optimum operation when wearing thick gloves, and the multi-controller pad of the camera has been reproduced for fast and easy handling
- The housing is equipped with a unique hydrophone for recording ambient sound underwater when shooting in the video mod
- Lens/Port Release Multifunction Lever
- A redesigned multifunction lever is introduced for the AD7000 housing – it allows for easy locking/unlocking of the port, gives access to lens changing through the front port with the camera installed, and retracts the Focus/Zoom control internal pinion gear. This retractable mechanism now allows the gear rack to be pulled out of the way, making easy work of inserting and removing the camera with a lens – even when a gear is attached to it
- Viewing Eye Piece
- The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. In this aspect the housing uses a viewfinder that shows the biggest and the brightest image possible, with full-frame view. In addition the included Aqua View Finder shows a magnified image of 100% of the camera's viewfinder that's enhanced and enlarged to 1.5"