The Sky-Watcher AllView Mount from Celestron is a multi-purpose mount designed to be used as an altazimuth go-to computerized astronomical mount (using an optional telescope optical tube), a motorized platform for taking panoramic photographs, a stable platform for panning while taking time lapse video or still images, and a motorized base for smooth panning video.
It comes with a multi-purpose mounting bracket for attaching an optical tube, still camera, or video camera. Dual optical encoders make sure that the mount never loses position even when moved by hand. It is supported by a sturdy stainless steel tripod with an accessory tray. The hand controller accesses a database of 42,900 astronomical objects. An electronic shutter release cable for most Canon DSLR cameras is included while other optional cables are available for alternate cameras.
Not only can the Sky-Watcher AllView Mount be used as a computer controlled telescope mount, it can also be used as a motorized tripod for photography or video recording as well. The AllView mount and the panoramic functionality of the SynScan AZ hand controller work together as a panoramic controlled mount and head. There are three methods for shooting panoramic images - Easy Pano Mode, Preset Pano Mode and Time Lapse Mode. The AZ GOTO MODE provides extensive computerized go-to functionality to assist in finding and enjoying the treasures of the night sky. The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900 objects.
The SynScan AZ hand control has three ports on its bottom edge. The hand control cable has a RJ-45 with 8 connecting pins on one end and a RJ-12 connector with 6 pins on the opposite end. The center port on the bottom of the hand control is used for RS-232 communications between the SynScan AZ and a computer or other device. The DC power port allows independent use of the SynScan AZ hand control for users who wish to browse the database or update the firmware without connecting to the optical device.
- Leveling bubble provided on the mount's base to check the mount's level
- Mounting bracket can be configured to hold a camera in landscape or portrait orientation
- ¼-20 mounting screw on the Landscape Mounting Plate to attach camera, camcorder or telescope optical tube
- Dual-Encoder design on both axes of the mount means that the mount will not lose its alignment or positional information on either axis, even if the scope is moved by hand
- Requires 12 Volts DC, or 8 - 16 Volts with an optional AC adapter or ten AA alkaline batteries in the built-in battery compartment
- Mounting bracket assembly includes Dovetail Bar, Guiding Rail, Landscape Mounting Plate and Portrait Mounting Plate
- Time Lapse Mode permits a series of still images over a long period of time while the mount slowly pans
- Video coursing feature allows video with a constant slewing speed from one point to another
- Hand control has a dual-line, 16-character display that is backlit for comfortable viewing
- Three methods to align the SynScan AZ - Brightest Star alignment, 2-Star alignment and Daytime alignment
- SynScan AZ provides a Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE) function to further improve accuracy
- SynScan AZ database with over 42,900 celestial objects includes complete Messier, NGC, IC SAO catalogues and 25 user defined objects and is flash upgradeable
- The Tour presents highlights of what is in the sky at that moment presenting the brightest and most beautiful objects
Slew Speeds: 1000x, 800x, 600x, 400x, 200x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 2x, 1x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
Tracking Modes: Dual Axis Tracking
Dovetail Compatible: accepts "Vixen-style" dovetail
Go-To Pointing Accuracy: up to 5 arc min