The Olympus PT-050 Underwater Housing for XZ-1 Camera allows you to take your XZ-1 under the waves, all the way down where the water pressure reaches the equivalent of 140' (40 m). All of the compact camera's controls – such as zoom and flash mode – remain accessible, thanks to housing that was designed especially for this camera model.
For generating the necessary supplemental light underwater, the housing features an optical connection for attaching a cable to an underwater strobe, so you can slave your outboard flash (not included) to your internal one. For softening and spreading out the effect of the camera's internal flash, the PT-050 includes an attachable diffuser.
The PT-050 case is constructed of durable polycarbonate, so your XZ-1 will be protected on land as well as underwater. The PT-050 includes everything you need to take the plunge with the XZ-1, including a hand strap, an O-ring, a diffuser, a silica gel pack, silicone grease, an LCD hood, and a lens cap for the housing.
- Waterproof up to a water-pressure equivalent of 130' (40 m)
- Simple handling, for use above and under water
- Housing allows control of all camera functions
- Includes detachable LCD hood for LCD monitor
- Screw mount for optional converter lenses and filters
- Via optical connection, internal flash can be used underwater to trigger compatible slave
- Standard 1/4"-20 tripod-mounting thread permits attachment of lighting tray
- Transparent back allows you to detect water penetration