The Fujifilm FinePix F550EXR Digital Camera is a little camera with big ambitions--a 16MP digital camera with a 15x zoom lens (24-360mm equivalent) featuring ED glass for color fidelity and superb sharpness, a back-illuminated CMOS sensor that produces images with exceptionally high resolution, high sensitivity, low noise, and a greatly improved dynamic range, gorgeous 1080p full HD video, plus playback functions that make it as easy to post pictures and videos online as it is to shoot them.
Built-in GPS creates tags with latitude/longitude or place names on photo and video images, allows you to search images by GPS name tags, and it can calculate and display the distance from your present location to where a tagged photo was taken, such as a favorite restaurant!
The F550EXR has a bright 3" LCD monitor with 460K-dot resolution, and face detection/recognition technology that optimizes focus and exposure for people pictures, automatically removes dreaded red-eye, and recognizes up to 10 faces/photo. EXR Auto recognizes and optimizes settings for 27 different scenes automatically. A film simulation mode mimics the look of a select Fuji film (Provia/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, or Astia/Soft), black and white, or sepia for exactly the look and feel you want. A Pro Focus mode with face detection produces an out-of-focus background that's perfect for portraits, and the Pro Low-Light mode takes a rapid series of photos in low light and combines them into one beautiful low-noise photograph.
The motion panorama mode will automatically stitch together photos for an impressive ultra wide-angle photo (you don't even need a tripod!), and tracking auto focus keeps moving subjects (think kids, pets, sports, party animals, etc.) in focus. CMOS shift image stabilization and sensitivity up to 12800 ISO make blurry photos a thing of the past.
- 16MP Back Side Illuminated CMOS Sensor
The unique EXR pixel and color arrays are key to image quality. Rotated by 45 degrees, the EXR pixel array increases both horizontal and vertical resolution. By using the diagonally-aligned twin pixels of the same color, the sensor can switch between HR (High Resolution), DR (Wide Dynamic Range) and SN (High Sensitivity and Low Noise) modes depending on the scene, ensuring that every moment is captured with the highest image quality
High Resolution (16Mp): Just as your eyes see even the tiniest of details when looking at something in good light, HR (High Resolution) mode maximizes the full 16 megapixel resolution of the FinePix Ｆ550EXR to reproduce even the smallest details in bright, beautiful color
Wide Dynamic Range 1600%: Just as your eyes see the full range of shadows to highlights in high-contrast scenes, DR mode simultaneously captures two images to produce a single image with significantly enhanced dynamic range, revealing subtle details in shadow and eliminating washout of bright areas
High Sensitivity & Low Noise: Just as your eyes strive to make dark scenes as bright and detailed as possible, SN mode takes advantage of high-sensitivity to capture smooth texture and natural brightness with minimal noise
The CMOS Edge: Adoption of high-speed transfer circuit architecture enables fast data signal readout, which in turn makes the new high speed movie possible along with the high speed continuous shooting functions
BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS: The BSI (Back Side Illuminated) sensor structure moves the wiring to the back side of the sensor, vastly improving sensitivity and reducing noise
1. Light 2. High Speed Transfer Circuit 3. Photodiode
- EXR Processor
- Harnessing the high-speed performance of the BSI EXR CMOS sensor, the Dual CPU, EXR Core and Reconfigurable Processor power a host of functions including high-sensitivity HD movies and continuous shooting as well as expanded scene recognition and Pro Modes while the new Vector Graphics Accelerator drives the enhanced image quality of the rich GUI
- Fujinon Lens
- Capturing your moments in exquisite distortion-free detail, the outstanding resolution of Fujinon lenses is the product of advanced lens design supported by original high precision lens engineering and processing technologies
- High-Precision Molded Glass Aspheric Lens
- By precisely focusing light at the same point on the focal plane, aspheric lens design eliminates the need for additional corrective lens elements. While this lens reduces distortion at wide angles, improves resolution in both center and edge areas, cuts glare and reflections, and minimizes chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range, the lens also makes possible a lighter and more compact design
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass Lens
- Dramatically minimizing chromatic aberration which frequently occurs in conventional super telephoto lenses, the high-quality ED glass lens delivers superior sharpness and color fidelity
- From Zoom to Super-Wide Angle
- Acclaimed Fujinon lens technology packs both the power of 15x zoom and the versatility of a super-wide angle lens in one stylishly compact body. Zoom in and capture distant subjects in gorgeous detail with the award-winning sensor. Fujinon's Double Sliding Structured Lens Technology empowers you with both 15x zoom and 24mm super-wide angle in a stylish pocket-sized compact. Twelve lens elements smoothly telescope and slide into position to bring you closer to your subject for shots like never before.
- High-Precision Molded Glass Aspheric Lens
- By precisely focusing light at the same point on the focal plane, aspheric lens design eliminates the need for additional corrective lens elements. While this lens reduces distortion at wide angles, improves resolution in both center and edge areas, cuts glare and reflections, and minimizes chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range, the lens also makes possible a lighter and more compact design.
- Fujinon Optical Excellence
- Acclaimed by imaging professionals, Fujinon molds its high-precision aspheric lenses from extra-low dispersion glass to deliver superior resolution and low color aberration, and applies an originally developed Super Electronic Beam Coating to minimize ghosting, flare and purple fringe. Using these high-quality lens elements, new "Double Sliding Structured Lens" engineering fits the sharpest, clearest 15x zoom in its class and super-wide angle 24mm versatility into the slim 22.9mm* body of FinePix F550EXR.
- CMOS Shift Image Stabilization
- Long telephoto shots usually suffer from camera shake and subject movement which can ruin photos by producing blurred results. The FinePix F500EXR's highly effective CMOS-shift and high ISO image stabilization ensures that your shots stay extra-crisp and clear, even at the full 15x zoom.
- New Style GPS Records the Latitude, Longitude and Name of Location
- On-board GPS function creates geo tags displaying latitude and longitude or place names on photo and video images, for immediate identification of where each photo was taken.
- Image Search by the GPS Place Name
- Image search criteria are enhanced by the ability to search for and select photos according to the place names in their GPS tags, making it easy to sort and display photos from specific locations.
- Photobook Assist
- Pre-select images from specific locations in-camera, enabling you to create personalized Photobook travel documentaries in just moments at your local Fujifilm photo center.
- Photo Navigation
- On-board GPS calculates and displays the distance from present location to the place where a tagged photo was taken, enabling you to return to your favorite restaurants or shops!
- Automatic My Library Update
- Just connect your camera to PC and new images will be added to My Library automatically.
- Image Search
- You can quickly search for your image, sorted by locations, dates and events.
- Route Logging with MyFinePix Studio
- GPS tags generated in a log file can be displayed on Google Maps to plot your route on a PC running MyFinePix Studio software.
- High Speed Shooting Functions
- High speed auto focus brings the subject into focus in as little as 0.160 seconds, and ensures that each frame in your burst sequence is captured in sharp clarity, and the F550EXR never misses the decisive moment, capturing 3fps at full resolution (16 megapixels) for 3 continuous frames. The high-performance EXR CMOS sensor provides a range of burst shooting options from 12fps at 4 megapixels (max. 12 frames). Sometimes things happen too fast for you to see them properly with your own eyes--the FinePix F550EXR can freeze the action at up to an amazing 320fps in video mode! So you can see every single minute detail and watch things happening step by step in slow motion.
- Super Intelligent Flash
- Take flash-assisted shots without flash washout. This new generation Super Intelligent Flash system ensures that all subjects are captured in bright clear detail over the full flash range (even in macro shots).
- 1080p HD Movie
- The FinePix F550EXR maximizes high sensitivity to capture exceptionally crisp and colorful full HD video (1080p; 30fps/High Profile) with impressive stereo sound, even in low-light conditions. EXR realizes the H.264 format, incorporating both high quality image and small data size. Manually select Film Simulation and produce various color expressions. A one-touch movie record button enables you to capture all the action in full HD.
EXR AUTO Recognizes 27 Scenes
- Advanced Scene Recognition
- With the ability to identify 27 basic types of scene and then check whether or not a person is present and how much light is available, EXR AUTO is able to identify exactly what type of scene you are shooting and optimizes exposure, white balance, focus, color and tonality accordingly. What's more it records this data and lets you search through your photos by scene type (eg: night portrait, or Macro) enabling you to find the pictures you are after quickly and easily.
- The uniqueness of an EXR sensor is its ability to adapt its settings to the demands of the shot. With three modes to choose from, it is unlike any other sensor on the market and is only available on Fujifilm cameras. EXR AUTO selects the optimum sensor mode automatically. With three modes to choose from: HR, SN and DR. HR: High Resolution mode is perfect for well lit conditions and uses all 16 megapixels. SN: High Sensitivity and Low Noise mode is designed for use at night or in dark conditions and it halves the number of pixels to create 8 mega super pixels which are extra sensitive to light. DR: Dynamic Range mode is suited to high-contrast conditions where you have both bright sunlight and dark shadows present. It works by combining one high-exposure and one low-exposure shot to create an 8 megapixel image with detail in both the highlights and in the shadows.
- Sky & Greenery x HR
- Automatically recognizes the vivid colors of the azure sky and the green grass as it is optimized even more with the EXR sensor mode of High Resolution for bright scene to capture every finest detail of the scene.
- Shooting Modes
- Natural Light, Natural Light & with Flash, Portrait, Portrait enhancer, Dog, Cat, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Underwater, Party, Flower, Text, plus Mode dial has EXR, P, S, A, M, SP, Adv, and AUTO settings.
- Smile/Blink Detection
- Smile Detection recognizes the moment your subject smiles and releases the shutter only when this happens, ensuring a happy photo every time. Additionally, the Blink Detection function warns you if any of your subjects have blinked so that you can re-take the photo if necessary.
- i-Flash Intelligent Flash
- A flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Gone are the ugly washout shots where the subject is blasted with light and the background is too dark.
- Face Detection, Automatic Red-eye Removal and Face Recognition
- To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the camera is fitted with Fujifilm's latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically. The FinePix F550EXR not only detects faces in a frame but it can also recognize who is who! You can register up to 8 people in your camera and next time you take a photo of them it will bring up their name and optimize settings in favor of your registered faces. In playback, you can search for all photos containing registered faces to quickly find photos of your favorites.
- Dog/Cat Detection
- By incorporating Dog/Cat Detection function, the FinePix F550EXR is able to detect dog or cat faces, optimizing focus and exposure for pet photos that will delight everyone. An auto-release function can also be selected to automatically shoot the photo when the pet is looking directly at the camera (up to 10 dog or cat faces per photo; cannot detect faces in profile; cannot detect faces in scenes with both dogs and cats).
- Tracking Auto Focus (AF)
- Tracks fast moving subjects so they don't escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
- Motion Panorama Mode
- Lets you take panorama photos as simply as 1, 2, 3! The camera automatically stitches together three consecutive shots, with simple in-frame guidance to ensure the images are aligned. The resulting image is saved to the memory card as an impressive panorama.
- Pro Focus Mode with Face Detection
- This focus-bracketing mode emulates the gentle, out-of-focus background look of a DSLR when shooting portraits or macro subjects. A single press of the shutter first takes an exposure focused on the main subject, then additional exposures at different focus points. This produces a final image emphasizing the sharply focused subject against a soft, out-of-focus background.
- Pro Low-Light Mode
- Ideal for shooting non-moving subjects in low light, this mode automatically takes a series of four high-sensitivity & low-noise exposures and then combines them into an image with less noise than the single exposures.
- Film Simulation Mode
- Simulate the distinctive look of 5 different types of film (Provia/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, Astia/Soft, Black & White, Sepia) with just a touch of a button. Modeled on Fujifilm brands loved by professional photographers, each breathes life into your image with a quality that previously only film could capture.
Image Sharing and Post Capture Functions
- Fun Entertaining Function with Tagging Technology
- Fujifilm's Tagging Technology lets you tag images for search optimization, organizing your photo collection and easy uploading.
- Easy Web Uploading to YouTube & FACEBOOK via MyFinePix Studio
- The FinePix F550EXR features image selection and editing functions that make it easier than ever to upload video clips or still photos to YouTube & FACEBOOK sites. When the FinePix F550EXR is connected to a PC, the marked images are uploaded to the designated site, eliminating the need for time-consuming PC-based image processing or selection. MyFinePix Studio detects new images to upload. When finding new image to upload, the uploader starts automatically. Sort your favorite photos tagged by rank of stars from 0 through 5. Quickly search favorite pictures depending on the rank using image search.
- Photobook Assist
- Create a photo album in your camera. Easily accessible and mobile, you can share images with family and friends anytime, anywhere. Installed in-camera, you can create a photobook folder where tagged images will be stored and organized accordingly. Your photobook can also be ordered online for print when connected to the internet (MyFinePix Studio is required to be updated through Internet to use this function), as well as when you go to stores to get your photos printed (print service availability depends on region), images can easily be sorted when tagged.
- Image Search
- By Date, Type of Data, Face, Favorite Rank, Scene, or Upload Mark
- Micro Thumbnail View
- Up to 100 pictures can be viewed at a time in a 10x10 array of micro thumbnails. Convenient for smooth and comfortable playback.
- Close-ups of detected faces are shown in slideshow style.
- Red-eye Removal During Playback
- This function corrects red-eyes while playback of detected faces.
- SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slot
- The versatile card slot is compatible with SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
- Additional Specifications
- Sound: WAVE format, stereo sound; Continuous shooting: L: Top - 4 / 8 frames (3 / 5 / 8 frames/second), M: Top - 4 / 8 / 16 frames (3 / 5 / 8 / 11 frames/second), S: Top - 4 / 8 / 16 / 32 frames (3 / 5 / 8 / 11 frames/second); Best frame capture: L: 8 frames (3 / 5 / 8 frames/second), M: 8 / 16 frames (3 / 5 / 8 / 11 frames/second); AE Bracketing : ±1 / 3EV,±2 / 3EV,±1EV; Film Simulation Bracketing : PROVIA / STD, Velvia / VIVID, ASTIA / SOFT; Dynamic Range Bracketing : 100% / 200% / 400%; Self-timer: auto release, auto shutter (dog, cat); Flash: Auto flash (super i-flash), Effective range: (ISO AUTO), Normal: Wide: 15cm-3.0m / 0.5' - 10.5'; Telephoto: 90cm-1.9m / 3.0-6.2'; Playback functions: Face Detection, Auto red-eye removal, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Protect, Crop, Resize, Slide show, Image rotate, voice memo, histogram display, exposure warning, Photobook assist, image search, Favorites, Mark for upload, Panorama, Erase selected frames, Photo navigation, Histogram display; Other functions: PictBridge, Exif Print, 35 languages, time difference, silent mode; Guide to the number of available frames for battery operation: 300 frames (AUTO mode)