The 8TB StorCenter ix4-200d Network Storage, Cloud Edition Server from Iomega is a network storage server, perfect for use in small offices, workgroups, and home networks. It connects to your network via dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, and offers advanced features such as iSCSI block access, RAID support, and remote data access. It is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux clients.
Business users will be happy with the vast functionality of the device. It can be connected to a UPS monitoring port, act as a print server of Axis IP security camera server, and supports rsync device-to-device data replication. Support for Microsoft's Active Directory, user quotas, and user-replaceable drives round out the server's impressive professional feature set.
Home users will be happy to know that the server features built-in support for the UPnP AV protocol. This allows media files stored on the drive to be streamed to DLNA-certified devices -- whose members include many popular digital media players. It also features a BitTorrent client, which allows you to download files shared on the popular peer-to-peer file sharing network directly to the drive -- making it possible to download files when your computer is powered down!
- Supports RAID 5 and RAID 10 -- both with automatic RAID rebuild;. JBOD mode is also available.
- Network File Protocols Supported: CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, SNMP.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with Jumbo frame support and high performance embedded architecture.
- iSCSI target provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and e-mail application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
Ease of Use
- Simple three step setup -- Simply plug into your router, power on, and install the software CD
- User friendly web-based management interface
- Web Interface accessible in 16 supported languages
Simple Content Sharing
- Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing
- Easily share content with friends and family outside of your home using the exclusive Iomega Personal Cloud feature. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive. There's no need to e-mail file attachments
- Built-in photo slide-show sharing feature -- easily select and share your digital pictures on the web
- File distribution made easy -- drop files into a designated distribution folder, and all of those on the distribution list automatically get an e-mail with either the files attached, or a link to download the files
- Connect securely from anywhere in the world and get full access to pictures, videos, files and administration of the StorCenter ix4-200d through a personalized web address
- Upload and share files and folders directly from iPhone, iPad, Android and other mobile devices while on the road
- Functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain, allowing the StorCenter ix4-200d to utilize the domain's users and groups.
Replication/Device to Device Copy Jobs
- One touch copying via the QuikTransfer button. Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share -- including Iomega Personal Cloud locations -- using the rsync or CIFS protocol
- Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network
- Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule
- Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2/ext3, or HFS+ formatted drives.
- Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single Iomega StorCenter system, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on a StorCenter from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Automatic hard drive spin-down assures that the server uses as little power as possible.
- Intelligent print sharing capability for up to 3 USB printers connected to the StorCenter ix4-200d.
- Support for USB-enabled UPS units allows for unattended system shutdown in the case of power failure -- protecting you against data loss.
- The System Status screen is a consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- E-mail alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the StorCenter ix4-200d.
- UPnP DLNA Certified-Provides the ability to stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices, such as game consoles (Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3), audio bridges, iTunes players, picture frames, Iomega ScreenPlay products, and more.
- Create shared iTunes libraries so that all your music can be accessed in one place.
Social Media Sharing Made Easy
- Convenient folders that automatically integrate with your social media accounts. Multiple accounts are no problem -- just create another folder for each account
- Files dropped into your Facebook folder are automatically uploaded to your Facebook page
- Files dropped into your Flickr folder are automatically added to the designated Flickr photo album
- Videos dropped into your YouTube folder are automatically uploaded to your YouTube channel
- The Iomega ix4-200d manages peer-to-peer BitTorrent file transfers without the need of a dedicated PC.
- Built in support for up to six UPnP (universal plug and play) network cameras by AXIS and Panasonic to capture and store video without the need of a dedicated PC. IP cameras from other manufacturers can recode to a Share, but are not automatically discovered. Video is encoded as MPEG-4
- Embedded Axis Video Hosing Solution (AVHS) for local to hosted cloud video storage and management
Powerful Backup Functionality
- Backup all the computers on your network simply by downloading and installing the available client backup software. Also compatible with today's most common backup software applications
- Time Machine support allows Apple users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine
- Personal Cloud Backup lets you synchronize data between personal cloud member systems and the ix4-200d
- Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or MozyConnect Beta to replicate data from your ix4-200d to your public cloud account
- Utilize two ix4-200d devices in different locations and the Iomega Personal Cloud function to create your own disaster recovery scheme
Digital Photography Tools
- Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) allows for no touch, automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via the USB port
- Photo Resize automatically resizes photos to a specified resolution
- Watermark automatically adds a watermark of your choosing to photos as they are re-sized
- Upload contacts, photos, and more from a cell phone, pocket PC or BlackBerry phone -- you just have to add an optional Bluetooth USB adapter!
Total Data Protection
- Native Security Support -- With robust username and password authorized access
- Create additional users and secure their content with password protection
- User Quotas -- Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user
- RSA BSAFE technology protects installs and upgrades
- Data Protection Software -- Iomega's full suite of data protection software is available for download. The suite includes: Trend Micro Internet Security, Iomega QuikProtect Backup software, and MozyHome Online Backup service
- Compatible with today's most common backup software, web browsers, media devices, and computers.
Iomega Personal Cloud
- Iomega Personal Cloud is the revolutionary technology that allows you to protect and share your data. Iomega Personal Cloud is a patent-pending, web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter network storage devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet. Unlike public and private cloud applications, Iomega's Personal Cloud technology is completely self-owned -- so the content and accessibility is always under your control.
- Synchronization: Users around the globe can sync files directly between computers as though they were on a local network.
- Collaboration: Easily set up a shared workspace so that local and remote users can view and edit documents (spreadsheets, presentations, and word processing documents, for example) -- especially useful for helping geographically dispersed workers collaborate.
- Sharing: Sending large files can quickly choke your company's email system. And e-mailing sensitive files can raise security concerns. Iomega Personal Cloud offers functionality that makes it easy to securely copy and transfer large or confidential files.
- Security: Iomega Personal Cloud allows you to choose who has access to what data by invitation only. And, users can choose from three levels of security when sending data over a public network. At many smaller companies, locally stored files are at risk from theft, fire, software problems, and hardware failure. Cloud storage offers built in redundancy at every level: hard drive, server, and datacenter.
- Low Maintenance: Once the system is set up there is almost no maintenance. You still have to manage user accounts, but jobs like array maintenance and monitoring the health of your data storage simply go away.
- Archiving: Archiving older files to a remote StorCenter frees up space on your primary StorCenter device for day-to-day business needs. Less capacity required for primary storage saves you money.
- Backup: Keeping a redundant copy of your data in an offsite location ensures availability in the event of an unforeseen disaster. Remote backups can run in the background after business hours to eliminate network bottlenecks.
- During the warranty period, Iomega provides with this device a dedicated customer support phone line for handling all problems, troubleshooting, and return inquiries: 1-800-940-6354. Only units found to be defective can be returned, and Iomega will make every effort to resolve any problems over the phone first