The ECS-STU35K USB 2.0 and eSATA to 3.5" SATA and IDE Aluminum Hard Drive Enclosure (Black) from Sabrent is a super-easy way to convert an internal standard desktop-sized 3.5" IDE/PATA or SATA hard drive to an external drive. This enclosure features both a speedy eSATA port and the universal USB 2.0 port so as to connect to your computer. With the eSATA connection, you can transfer data at up to 3Gbps; with USB 2.0, you can transfer data at up to 480Mbps. The USB 2.0 interface is also backwards compatible with USB 1.1 ports.
To get started with the enclosure, simply insert the drive into it and connect the enclosure to your computer. No need to install drivers. Because the enclosure is made of durable aluminum, it also dissipates heat as you use your IDE/PATA or SATA drive in the enclosure.
- Supports a standard-sized 3.5" SATA or IDE/PATA hard drive up to a capacity of 2TB
- Transfer data from the enclosure to your computer at a rate of up to 3Gbps via the eSATA interface or up to 480Mbps via USB 2.0
- The ultra-light aluminum case provides heat dissipation
- This enclosure is hot-swappable and plug-and-play
- The LED light indicates power and activity status
- On/Off power switch
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 computer ports
- You can easily access the drive via your notebook or desktop computer