The Shining Technology CitiDISK HD External Video Capture Device (750 GB) is a compact direct-to-disk solution for Panasonic P2 camcorders. It simultaneously records digital videos over FireWire on to its tiny yet high-capacity hard disk as AVI or MOV files. You can then directly edit the digital videos on a non-linear editing system. This device will save considerable time and money that goes into the lengthy process of capturing or digitizing DV footage to a computer’s hard drive.
The CitiDISK HD automatically detects whether the file format is being ingested is DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO25/50, or standard DV. With the QPLAY function, you can quickly go through the last captured video clip by setting the camera to VCR mode. In addition, loop scene recording allows you to buffer a finite amount of run time that is constantly being recorded in Stand-by mode. This can be very effective for news gathering if an important event takes place before the camera operator has a chance of hitting the record button.
The CitiDISK HD can easily be used with editing systems. When attached to your computer, the drive is detected as an external hard drive. Then you simply have to copy the files into your NLE software. You don’t have to worry when its 3-hour external battery runs out, as this unit comes with an integrated rechargeable lithium battery that can last up to 90 minutes. Being small and lightweight, the CitiDISK HD is incredibly comfortable to use on-site. Its lightweight frame is still remarkably durable. A belt-configured carrying pouch is included in the package, which can fit multiple types of external battery packs.
- Designed specifically for Panasonic P2 camcorders
- Simultaneously records digital videos over FireWire on to its tiny yet high-capacity hard disk as AVI or MOV files
- With the recording limitations of existing run times on P2 cards, it gives the added benefit of being able to shoot for longer periods of time
- Automatically detects the input file format, whether it's DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO25/50, or standard DV
- Allows you to view all the recorded videos from first to last over the FireWire connection
- QPLAY function allows you to quickly review the last captured video by setting the camera to VCR mode
- Loop Recording allows you to buffer the DV stream that is being recorded in the internal memory
- Embedded rechargeable lithium battery can last for up to 90 minutes in case the 3-hour external battery running out
- Plug-n-play capability allows it to be recognized by your PC or Mac as an external FireWire hard drive
- One-touch Quick Erase button allows for instant file/folder cleanup for freeing up hard disk space
- Includes a belt-configured carrying pouch, which can fit multiple types of external battery packs