The USB 3.0 to SATA Solid State, Hard Disk, or Optical Drive Converter from Sabrent is an excellent way to externally connect and access a SATA drive with your computer via the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. This converter features a USB 3.0 connector for inserting into a USB 3.0 port on your computer. This converter supports connections to numerous kinds of SATA drives. It can connect to SATA 2.5" or 3.5" solid state or hard disk drives. It also can connect to SATA 5.25" optical CD/DVD-R/RW drives.
With the USB 3.0 interface, you can transfer data up to a maximum rate of 5Gbps. Installation with this converter doesn't require drivers and is fairly straightforward. Plus, the USB connector is plug-and-play, so you can connect it to your computer and start using it. For a high-speed means of transferring data between an external SATA drive and your computer, this converter just might be the ticket.
- This converter can connect to 2.5" or 3.5" hard disk or solid state SATA drives. It can also connect to 5.25" SATA CD/DVD-R/RW drives
- With the USB 3.0 interface, you can transfer data up to 5Gbps.
- Installation with the converter is plug-and-play, so you need not install drivers to start using it. It's also hot-swappable, so you can unplug the USB 3.0 connector and reconnect it to your computer in one sitting without having to reboot first
- The USB 3.0 connector is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 specifications, so you can connect it to computers that use these older USB versions
- The LED lights indicate Power and Activity status
- Compatible with 32 or 64-bit versions of Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7