The Voyager Q Quad Interface Dock for 2.5" and 3.5" Serial ATA Drives from Newer Technology is an extremely convenient way to access data on a SATA internal drive without having to install that drive into your computer. The Voyager Q can hold drives of either the 2.5" or 3.5" form factor that are no greater than 4TB in capacity and that are of any SATA standard, whether that's SATA 1.5Gbps, SATA 3Gbps, or SATA 6Gbps. Within those criteria, this dock supports hard drives and solid state drives.
For connecting the dock to your computer, you have a bounty of interfaces. The dock features a super-fast USB 3.0 port, one eSATA port, two FireWire 800 ports, and one FireWire 400 port. With the USB 3.0 interface, you can transfer data at a blazing maximum rate of 5Gbps. Plus, that interface is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1 connections. With all of these ports, you can connect the dock to your Mac or Windows computer and let the data flow!
- Supports all SATA 1.5Gbps, 3Gbps, or 6Gbps drives that have a form factor of either 2.5" or 3.5" and that are no greater than 4.0TB in capacity. That means, you can connect hard disk drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD) to the dock
- This dock features a "Quad Interface" that allows you to transfer data at super-fast rates. The four interfaces also give you enough flexibility to connect with a variety of computer systems
- The dock supports a maximum data transfer rate of up to 5.0Gbps or 500MB/s via its fastest interface, USB 3.0
- The push button drive eject button allows you to safely remove the drive
- The dock includes a hinged flap for 3.5" drive access
- Hot-Swap functionality allows you to quickly access multiple SATA drives by switching them in and out
- The weighted base and non-skid rubber feet offer stable operation
- The dock features a two color status LED. When the left side is blue, it indicates that the dock is powered on; when the right side is flashing red, it indicates "Disk Activity"
- The dock features a compact design
- The dock is whisper quiet to operate and does not require a cooling fan
- The dock is plug-and-play with Mac and Windows computers via the USB or FireWire interfaces. Use of the eSATA interface requires a system reboot in order to recognize drive
- All interface connection cables are included
- The dock features a limited one-year warranty
- CE approved