The 0GB Guardian MAXimus Mini Quad Interface Hard Drive Array from Newer Technology is a portable hard drive array which features two slots for 2.5" SATA solid state (SSD) or hard disk (HDD) drives. It is powered by a custom Oxford 936DS chipset, which allows the array to be configured as a RAID 0 or RAID 1.
A RAID 1 array mirrors data on two separate drives for total redundancy. If a single drive fails, none of the data will be lost. Simply replace the dead drive with one of identical capacity and the array will rebuild, once again preserving mirrored data integrity.
RAID 0 is pretty much the opposite of RAID 1. It writes data to both disks simultaneously, but not the same data. Data is spread across the disks rather than mirrored, allowing it to be written and accessed more quickly. Because of this, RAID 0 arrays perform read and write operations faster than single disks or RAID 1 arrays. The downside to this is that if either drive in the array fails, all data is lost. Professionals often use RAID 0 arrays as scratch data drives. They use RAID 0 for tasks that demand performance, but make sure that the data stored within is also stored on a separate physical disk for backup.
The array features a quad interface for flexible connectivity. Opt for eSATA or FireWire 800 to maximize performance. Stick with USB 2.0 for broad compatibility. Although it doesn't have a FireWire 400 port, The Guardian MAXimus mini connects to any FireWire 400 host using an optional 9-pin to 6-pin adapter cable. This is possible due to the backwards compatibility that is built into the FireWire 800 bus. A front-panel LCD display is present to display array health and status.
Note! This product only comes with the Guardian MAXimus mini enclosure. Hard drives sold separately.
- MAXimum Performance & Compatibility
- The Guardian MAXimus mini has RAID 1 mirror storage, which provides maximum plug-and-play "Live Activity" data backup and protection in a space-saving portable enclosure. In the pre-configured RAID-1 MAXProtect mode, the Guardian MAXimus mini guards against data loss and costly system downtime by writing the same information in real-time to create a "mirrored" copy of the stored data
- MAXProtect or MAXPerform, Your Choice
- For those seeking performance over redundancy, the Guardian MAXimus mini can be easily switched via the LCD screen menu to the RAID 0 MAXPerform mode for high performance storage. The Guardian MAXimus mini offers MAXimum performance, flexibility and reliability for critical data backup
- MAXimum Portability
- The Guardian MAXimus mini is a portable device featuring a shock resistant, compact design. With a 3.5 x 5.2 x 2.1" footprint and weighing in at only 1.4 pounds (with drives installed), the Guardian MAXimus mini provides maximum data protection while using minimal desk space
- Why You Need Guardian MAXimus mini RAID 1
- The Guardian MAXimus mini is a "live activity" backup of financial records, medical files, business projects and any critical data that simply cannot be lost. Always on guard against data loss, the Guardian MAXimus mini writes the same information in real-time to two separate drives for a "mirrored" copy. It also protects files from costly system downtime and data restoration after a single hard drive-equipped system crash. Even daily scheduled software driven data backups can't prevent data loss between the last backup and the moment the hard drive fails. By having a second "mirrored" copy, all of the data stays backed up and accessible while replacing the failed drive
- Prosoft Engineering Data Backup 3 Software
- Data backup makes it easy to backup to FireWire / USB drives, network drives, CDs and even DVDs. Supports scheduled backups. Requires Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later
- Carbon Copy Cloner Software
- Features an interface designed to make the cloning and backup procedure very intuitive. In addition to general backup, CCC can also clone one hard drive to another, copying every single block or file to create an exact replica of your source hard drive. Requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- NovaStor NovaBACKUP Software
- Built-in support for hundreds of the most popular storage devices and a step-by-step backup and restore wizard makes NovaBACKUP extremely easy to use. Requires Windows 2000 or later
- Intech SpeedTools Utilities
- Intech SpeedTools consists of a suite of utilities managed by an application which controls the launching, documentation and version control of each individual component utility, such as Disk Defrag and QuickBack. An easy-to-use installation and removal application is provided to make installation painless