The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ47 Digital Camera is a melding of economy and versatility. Keeping your budget in mind, Panasonic presents this advanced point-and-shoot that happens to be so much more than your standard snap-shot cam. To start off, the FZ47 puts 12.1Mp of image capturing power in your hands. Record still images, 3D still images, and 1920 x 1080 HD video all with the help of a solid CCD image sensor and the company's Venus Engine FHD which keeps the pictures and videos flowing smoothly onto your compatible memory card of choice (SDHC, SDXC, SD).
Working in tandem with these two components, otherwise known as the heart of the camera, is the Leica DV Vario-Elmarit lens. Featuring the time-honored name of "Leica" this lens is a 25mm ultra-wide angle lens that sports 24x optical zoom and a Nano Surface Coating for reduction of flare and ghosting. The camera also employs an optical image stabilizer for clean shots, and a generous 3.0" LCD display for composition, review, and menu navigation.
The DMC-FZ47 has a wealth of creative options from which to choose as well. Most notable would be the manual controls. Your vision can come through in each and every shot when you have the power to set the camera to your liking. Of course, when you want to let the camera do the heavy lifting, you can. Features like Intelligent Auto, or iA as it's commonly known, take over the camera and set it to all the right settings needed for a successful shot. Other helpful functions include Intelligent D-Range Control, PictBridge compatibility for direct printing or playback of images, Face Detection, AF Tracking, and many others.
- 12.1 Megapixel Hi-Speed CCD
- Empowered by a 12.1 megapixel Hi-Speed CCD sensor, the DMC-FZ47 is compatible with high-speed, large-capacity signal processing required for 1920 x 1080 full-HD video recording in AVCHD and high speed continuous shooting. And the advanced image processing LSI, the Venus Engine FHD, assures high picture quality in both photo and video recording. It also compiles the Intelligent Resolution technology to perform the optimum signal processing depending on the part of a picture to give a whole image outstandingly natural clearness with fine details. The Sonic Speed AF and a quick start-up time give the DMC-FZ47 super high speed response that helps to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities. The accuracy and the speed of AF Tracking are also dramatically improved
- The Freedom of Manual Control
- For more artistic freedom, manual control is available with DMC-FZ47. The user can enjoy image shooting expressing their intention not only in photo but also in video, utilizing a host of options including the Creative Control or Photo Style with a wide variety of preset options
- Intelligent Auto Modes
- The LUMIXs popular iA (Intelligent Auto) powerfully assists in any shooting situation to get the best result. Combined with the outstanding brightness of the lens, the POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) and the Motion Deblur mode, the DMC-FZ47 thoroughly prevents any kind of blur - whether the blur is caused by a handshake or the subject's motion. The POWER O.I.S., Face Recognition, Face Detection, AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent D-range Control work appropriately just by entering the iA mode for any user to take beautiful photos with maximum ease
- Added Fun with 3D Capture
- In addition, the realistic, less-distorted 3D image produced by DMC-FZ47 with the 3D Photo mode can also be enjoyed on a VIERA 3D HDTV or other MPO-compatible 3D equipment
- Video Capture in MP4 with Internet Sharing Uploader
Videos can be recorded in MP4 format to play back directly on the PC or other portable electronic devices without conversion. Together with the photos, users can enjoy their communication with the LUMIX Image Uploader, which allows for instant image sharing via Facebook (photo) or YouTube (movie) with any PC on the spot. The 3.0" Intelligent LCD has now 460,000-dot high resolution to dramatically, improve visibility during recording and playback.
From outdoor school events to indoor family photographs, the DMC-FZ47 supports recording those spur-of-the-moment memories in high quality photo and video easily with its superior optical and digital performance.
The LUMIX DMC-FZ47 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full-HD videos. Now the DMC-FZ47 can record high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 videos in AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than the conventional Motion JPEG and excels in the compatibility with AV equipment like HDTVs or Blu-ray Disc players. A special, separate button on the top lets the user instantly start recording video while shooting photos without any having to make any extra settings
- Leica High Quality Long Zoom Optics
25mm Ultra Wide-Angle, Powerful 24x Optical Zoom Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens with Nano Surface Coating for Ultimate Versatility in Both Photo and Video Recording
The DMC-FZ47 features a high-quality Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 25mm ultra wide-angle lens with a 24x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 25-600mm; 28-670mm in video recording). With the newly applied Nano Surface Coating technology, light reflection is dramatically minimized (380nm-780nm) thanks to the extra-low refractive index coating on the surface of the lens. It results in the super clear picture with dramatic reduction of ghost and flare. With this Panasonic black box technology, the image delivered through the lens of DMC-FZ47 has exceptional optical performance with stunning clarity that passes Leica's stringent standards. Comprising 14 elements in 10 groups, including 3 ED lenses and 2 aspherical lenses with 3 aspherical surfaces, this advanced lens unit passes Leica's stringent standards to deliver exceptional optical performance suppressing distortion at the wide end and color bleeding at the tele end
Thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology, the Intelligent Zoom is available with the FZ47 which extends the zoom ratio by approximately 1.3x maintaining the picture quality, even when using the digital zoom. This means the 24x optical can virtually extend to 32x equivalent. Furthermore, the Extra Optical Zoom function extends zoom power to 46.9x (at 3-megapixel resolution) by using the center part of the large CCD to bring subjects even closer
The 25mm ultra wide angle lens captures approximately a 196% wider angle of view compared with a standard 35mm camera. It is helpful for shooting dynamic landscape or indoor group portraits
The powerful 24x optical zoom is available for video recording because it's designed to minimize the noise of auto focusing or zooming. With DMC-FZ47, there are always two options to record spur-of-the-moment scenes: high-quality photos or videos. The user can simply choose the one that saves precious memories most beautifully
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- When you don't know which mode will give you the best shooting results, or when a sudden photo opportunity will pop up, simply choose the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode and let the camera do the heavy lifting for you. Just choose the iA Mode, aim at your subject, and shoot. Four detection and correction functions will be simultaneously activated to optimize the settings, so you get stunning photos every time
- Maximize Ease of Use and Creativity
The Intelligent Scene Selector automatically switches between Normal, Portrait, Macro, Scenery, and Low Light modes according to the situation to optimize image quality.
The Intelligent D-range Control makes images look more natural by preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights. It also ensures a beautiful reproduction of gradation and details.
The videos also come with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, to offer realistic sound to the video. The Wind Cut function is also available to block out most of the noise from background wind automatically.
It is also possible to simultaneously take still images while recording video (3.5-megapixel). With the Video Divide function, users can divide the video into two sections, in-camera, to shorten or delete the unwanted scene. You can also cut out a clear still image from a video in the camera thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. A host of options enhance the usability and fun of recording high quality full-HD video.
Photos or videos recorded in AVCHD on SD Memory Cards are easy to view on a Panasonic VIERA TV. Simply insert the card into the VIERA Image Viewer (SD Memory Card slot) on VIERA TV or Blu-ray Disc Player/Recorder to review your contents. Alternately, you can use an optional mini HDMI cable to output the still and motion images you took from the FZ47 directly to the TV for VIERA Link. You can take maximum advantage of LUMIX camera's playback functions including the slideshow in which both still and motion images are integrated in the timeline, category playback according to the scene mode you used, or calendar display and so on. All control is possible using your TV's remote control
- Advanced Signal Processing System with the Hi-Speed CCD and High Performance Venus Engine FHD
The 12.1 megapixel CCD with 2 channel signal output structure boasts higher signal transfer speed for the operations that require high performance and speed such as 1920 x 1080 full HD video recording and high speed continuous shooting. The picture quality is also improved thanks to the higher sensitivity which is made possible by highly efficient light condensation adoption larger on-chip micro lenses.
For the image processor, the Venus Engine FHD is incorporated that features exceptionally advanced signal processing capabilities. By separating chromatic noise from luminance noise and applying the optimal noise reduction to each, you can capture clear and beautiful images even when shooting at high ISO sensitivity levels. The Venus Engine FHD also provides precisely selective noise reduction to the chromatic noise without affecting the border of colors which is judged from the brightness level of a pixel. With the Intelligent Resolution technology, 3 areas - outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas are automatically detected. The outline parts are enhanced effectively to give edges more clearness while giving a moderate accentuation to the texture areas to look more finely detailed. To the soft gradation part, superior noise reduction process of the Venus Engine FHD is applied to make it smoother. Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, the innovative technology, Intelligent Resolution, precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way for it. As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp in both photo and video recording.
Linking smoothly with the Hi-Speed CCD sensor, the Venus Engine FHD processes a large amount of signals at high speed, making it possible to record 1920 x 1080 HD video recording and high resolution consecutive shots at 3.7 fps in 12.1 megapixel full resolution and max. 10 fps at 3 megapixel recording.
In addition, the Venus Engine FHD has a super-fast response time. The Sonic Speed AF (Auto Focus) gains approx. 35% faster speed at tele-end compared with the DMC-FZ40 by reviewing the algorithm and software processing. The speed in AF Tracking also becomes faster thanks to the improved tracking performance which doubles its sampling frequency
- Intuitive Manual Control and Creative Options
Intuitive Manual Control and Creative Options including 3D Photo Shooting
With the manual control option you can express your vision not only in photos but also in video, utilizing a host of options including the Creative Control and the Photo Style functions.
The conventional My Color mode has been revamped for the Creative Control function, with a selection of artistic effect modes; Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, High Dynamic, Miniature Effect, Film Grain and Pin Hole. Now it is possible to adjust exposure compensation in the Creative Control mode too. In addition, Photo Style is newly added to the DMC-FZ47 for the expression of finer nuance. It has Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait presets while enabling finer adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation and noise reduction by each. It is possible to fully customize those settings to create a user's own color effect manually in Custom mode. These two modes, Creative Control and Photo Style, allow any shooter the latitude to make photos or videos even more impressive with their own personal style.
In video recording, the DMC-FZ47 goes further than simply recording HD videos. The DMC-FZ47 features a Creative Video mode, which lets the user set the shutter speed and aperture manually to make impressive videos. Changing the shutter speed brings special effects to videos, which is especially suitable for shooting fast-moving subject. The ability to control the aperture is convenient when there are several subjects at different distances and the shooter wants to have each of them stand out.
The 3D Photo mode produces a 3D still image in the camera. The camera takes 20 panning shots and automatically selects the two most suitable images - one for a right eye and one for the left eye - to synthesize a 3D composite. The 3D image can be viewed on VIERA HDTV. The 3D image MPO format can be played back on other MPO-compatible equipment, besides the camera, such as a TV or digital photo frame. These 3D images can also be printed out in hard copy
- Intelligent Auto Makes it Easy
The Evolving iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode makes every photo and video more beautiful. Panasonic incorporated the Intelligent Auto mode in pursuit of the ultimate ease of operation. In the iA mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose scenes and capture moments. Just press, aim, and shoot.
For a more effective countermeasure against blur, the Active Mode allows for the use of optical image stabilization in video recording. In addition to the conventional POWER O.I.S., the Active Mode is especially effective in video recording at wide angles, such as shooting while walking. With the DMC-FZ47, the Motion Deblur mode is incorporated to prevent blur even more effectively. The mode is a comprehensive integration of Intelligent ISO Control and the advanced contrast control system of Intelligent D-range Control that also optimizes the exposure naturally to prevent over/under exposure of a photo. The camera judges the appropriate shutter speed to suppress the motion blur based on the movement of the subject. The shutter speed can be raised by activating the high sensitivity recording by a pixel mixed readout method.
The Face Recognition function remembers registered faces to give an appropriate AF/AE on the people while removing the unwanted red-eye. The Intelligent Scene Selector automatically selects whichever of 6 Scene modes - Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, or Sunset, that best suits the shooting situation.
Once you enter the iA mode, these functions happen automatically together with other powerful shooting-assist functions - AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, and Intelligent D-range Control - so you can shoot without the bother of adjusting settings every time conditions change. You can enjoy easy, trouble-free shooting in any situation and get the satisfaction that comes with capturing clear, beautiful images
- Focus Modes
- Normal / AF Macro / Zoom Macro, Quick AF On/Off (On in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF On/Off, Manual Focus (Jog Dial and cursor key button), One Push AF, AF Area Select, AF Tracking. AF assist lamp provides extra lighting as a focusing aid for slightly dark conditions where AF focusing would ordinarily be difficult
- AF Metering
- Face, AF Tracking, 23 pt / 1 pt (flexible, scalable)
- 3D Image Capture
- Records 3D images as MPO files
- Mode Dial / Mode Button
- Intelligent AUTO, P (Program) mode, A (Aperture Priority) mode, S (Shutter Priority) mode, M (Manual) mode, Creative Video mode, Creative Control mode, Portrait mode, Scenery mode, Sports mode, Night Portrait mode, Close- up mode, Scene mode, Custom
- Creative Control Mode
- Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, High Dynamic, Pin Hole, Film Grain, Miniature Effect
- Still Image Scene Mode
- Panorama Assist, Party, Candle Light, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, High-Speed Burst, Flash Burst, Panning, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial Photo, Photo Frame, 3D Photo
- Continuous Shooting Mode
- Full-resolution image, 3.7 frames/sec max.7 images (Standard mode), Max 7 images (Fine Mode) High-speed burst mode: approx. 7 frames/sec (image priority) approx. 10 frames/sec (speed priority)(recorded in 3Mp for 4:3, 2.5Mp for 3:2, 2Mp for 16:9, 2.5Mp for 1:1)
- Motion Picture Recording (HD Video)
1920 x 1080
1280 x 720, 30 fps (HD: 10Mbps / MP4)
- Motion Picture Recording (Standard Video)
- VGA: 640 x 480, 30 fps (4Mbps / MP4)
- Recording Times
- AVCHD: Approx. 80 minutes (FSH), 90 minutes (SH) MP4: Approx. 80 minutes (FHD)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- 3 frames
- White Balance Adjustment
- 2-axis adjustable, ±9 steps each, Blue / Amber and Magenta / Green bias
- Image Quality
- Fine / Standard
- Photo Style
- Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom Color Effect (only in iA Mode): Standard, Black & White, Sepia, Happy
- Picture Adjustment
- Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation, Noise Reduction
- Playback Mode
- Normal Playback, Slideshow, Category Playback, Mode Playback, Favorites Playback, 2D/3D settings
- Miscellaneous Menu/Display Functions
- Thumbnails/Zoomed Playback: 12, 30 thumbnails/Yes Calendar Display Show Histogram Show Highlights DPOF Print Setting/Set Protection Resize/Cropping/Aspect Conv./Leveling Copy/Text Edit/Text Stamp Cut Animation Video Divide
- PictBridge Support
- Additional Features
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red- Eye Removal), Optical Zoom in Motion Picture, Self-timer with setting that takes 3 pictures after 10 sec,
- OSD Languages
- English and Spanish