12TB Pegasus R6 RAID Storage with Thunderbolt (6x 2TB) from Promise Technology is a direct attached storage unit (DAS) with the data safety, huge storage space, and blazing fast data recall demanded by media professionals. Great if you work with video, graphics, or audio, this unit features two Thunderbolt ports and includes six 2TB SATA hard drives preinstalled, each of which spins at the fast disk speed of 7200rpm.* This unit can also save your data in a RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, or 10 configuration.
With the Thunderbolt interface, you can transfer data at a rate of up to 10Gbps, and with this enclosure, you can hit sustained data transfer speeds of over 800MB/s. That's megabytes, not bits! This unit can connect to Mac computers that have a Thunderbolt port, such as a MacBook Pro or iMac. Plus, you can daisy-chain up to six enclosures. For the office or at home, if you want safe and vast data storage with super-swift recall speeds, the soaring, reliable solution just might be this Pegasus.
Note: *Total data capacity will be less because of HFS+ formatting.
- Lightning Fast Performance
- Pegasus allows amateur professionals, audio engineers, photographers, and post production engineers to unleash the raw power of Pegasus and Thunderbolt Technology. Final Cut professionals can ingest, edit, and playback, multiple streams of uncompressed HD (8-bit and 10-bit) video, while protecting valuable workflows, audio sessions, and other creative media content, with PROMISE's award winning, enterprise level, RAID6 engine (features mature error handling schemes for the ultimate in data protection). Graphic artists utilizing Photoshop and Maya 3D animation can both manipulate and archive high resolution graphics on Pegasus, with relative ease and lightning fast responsiveness.
- Flexible Connectivity
- The multi-protocol support of Thunderbolt Technology enables Pegasus to deliver amazing flexibility. Daisy-chain more than one Pegasus enclosures to a single Thunderbolt technology port or connect a display to Pegasus for the ultimate in convenience and interface connectivity.
- Fast, Safe, and Reliable
- Digital Media consumption is growing at an astonishing rate, and is part of everyone's life. Featuring, two, high performance, 10Gb/s bi-directional channels, and PROMISE enterprise-level RAID 6 protection, Pegasus provides fast, safe, and reliable external storage, essential for protecting your music, photos, videos, and other valuable data. Pegasus provides massive storage, and fast performance for popular applications, including Final Cut Pro, Garageband, iTunes, iPhoto, and Photoshop. Pegasus can be used, in conjunction with Apple's Time Machine utility (in Mac OS X), to store backups of invaluable digital media, documents, or an entire computer (or workstation).
- Easy to Use
- Pegasus comes pre-configured out of the box. Simply unpack, supply power, and connect the Thunderbolt cable (available for purchase under Accessories) to the Thunderbolt port on your computer, and you will be ready to either ingest/edit production video, or store all your important documents, music, photos, and videos. Management of Pegasus is made possible through an easy to use, all new, made-for-Mac OS X GUI utility.
- One More Thing, Eco-Friendly
- Pegasus is RoHS compliant; in simple terms Pegasus is eco-friendly, keeping harmful lead out of the environment and our delicate ecosystems. Consuming a mere 78 watts under full load with six hard drives installed, Pegasus uses roughly 26% of the power consumed by the average 300 watt power supply in standard computers. Sporting a new enclosure design, an 80 Plus power supply and a smart cooling fan, system noise is never an issue making Pegasus ideal for desktop, small office environments, or any room in the home.