The BDSv4U Battery Distribution System from Remote Audio is an effective device for distributing power to field recording devices, cameras, mixers, and monitoring devices via a single source such as an Anton Bauer "Brick" or an NP-1 battery. This allows you to power multiple items from a single source, and turn them on and off with a single switch.
The BDSv4U features 1 power input, 5 switchable outputs, and 1 output that can be set for switchable or non-switchable use, for a total of 6 outputs. All connections lock securely in place and a recessed master switch and power LED indicator are located on the side. There is also a low battery LED indicator, which has a selectable warning threshold. An internal auto-resetting circuit breaker prevents overload and possible damage to connected devices. An assortment of power cables are available for complete compatibility with various batteries and field devices.
The BDSv4U also features a remote port, which allows you to connect accessories such as the RM Remote Meter, and the RS Remote Switch. A USB port is provided for powering or charging compatible devices, such as mobile phones, MP3 players, and other similar products. The USB port delivers 5V of regulated power and conforms to the USB "Dedicated Charging Port" specification.
Note! All input and output cables, and other accessory devices designed for earlier versions of the BDS are also compatible with the BDSv4U.
- Ultra Compact
- The compact design allows terrific portability
- Single Battery Operation
- The BDSv4U eliminates the time consuming operation of installing and testing multiple batteries. The unit effectively distributes power to 6 devices via a single battery, such as an NP-1
- Illuminated Main Switch
- The main toggle switch is illuminated with a bi-color LED for quick visual status identification
- Low Battery LED
- There is a bi-color low battery LED that has 3 user-selectable thresholds for 3 different battery types
- Switched/Unswitched Output
- One output can be set for switched or unswitched operation. Unswitched mode allows power to flow via the output regardless of the position of the master switch
- Convenient Controls
- External panel-accessible selectors let you make adjustments to the battery threshold or switched/unswitched connector quickly and easily
- Strong Connectors
- The special connectors provide excellent strength, and will now become active until a cable with the proper mating connector is plugged in. This ensures that unused and exposed outlets are not active, and helps to prevent accidental short circuits
- Remote Port
- The remote port allows you to connect accessories such as the RM Remote Meter and RS Remote Switch. This makes it easy to control and monitor the BDS while it's tucked away in a bag
- USB Port
- The USB port makes it easy to power or charge devices such as smartphones, portable recorders, and more. It provides 5V of regulated power at up to 2A (10W), conforming to the official USB "Dedicated Charging Port" standard. Some devices that do not conform to that specification may not be able to fully use the 2A capability. Higher-current devices with a proprietary circuit, such as the Apple iPad, will receive a trickle charge while awake, or a full charge while sleeping. Using the "DCP" spec allows the BDSv4U to conserve battery life for more critical functions 1
- Auto-Reset Circuit Breaker
- The unit features an automatic reset circuit breaker, protecting the connected devices against overload
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- In the event that an input is miswired, the unit will not allow reverse polarity voltage to pass to the outputs, protecting your devices
- Aluminum Chassis
- The lightweight and durable powder coated aluminum chassis stands up to daily field use
- Steel Clip
- The stainless steel clip makes it easy to attach the BDS to a bag, belt, or strap