The GT780-221US 17.3" Notebook Computer from MSI is a high-performance notebook computer, built with gaming and multimedia use in mind. The system features a sizeable 17.3" 1080p HD display -- perfect for high-def entertainment. It utilizes LED-backlighting so as to remain energy efficient. Graphics are provided by a dedicated nVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M GPU with 1.5GB of GDDR5 memory.
The system features a bold design with a glowing backlit keyboard. Audio is provided by the Dynaudio sound system. The speakers are placed in an optimal location for superlative audio quality.
The computer is powered by a quad-core 2GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU, which can be overclocked to 2.9GHz thanks to the Intel Turbo Boost system. The computer is loaded with 12GB of RAM, a hard drive with a 750GB storage capacity and 7200rpm speed, Bluetooth 3.0, 802.11n Wi-Fi, a built-in microphone, and a 720p HD webcam. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
A Keyboard Made for Gamers
- MSI and SteelSeries collaborated to create a laptop keyboard that is designed specifically with gamers in mind. MSI identified the keys used most by gamers and fine-tuned their sizes and locations to make them even more intuitive for gamers. The Ctrl and Alt keys, both of which are used by gamers most frequently, have been enlarged. The Windows key, often inadvertently hit during gameplay, has also been re-located to the right side of the keyboard.
- MSI has improved the resilience and tactile feedback of each and every key. Users will no longer have to deal with flimsy keys. Each time a key is pressed, the tip of the finger receives genuine tactile feedback and a solid rebound. This means that users can enjoy crisp keyboard action without getting tired during extended use.
- MSI's gaming keyboard supports simultaneous pressing of 10 keys or more, allowing users to issue commands rapidly and respond to games with precision.
Full Color Backlit Keyboard
- Normal Mode
- Colors chosen by the user can be applied to the whole keyboard; different colors can be set for the three different sections.
- Gaming Mode
- Only the LEDs on the left remain enabled. A choice of 29 colors is available.
- Breathing Mode
- The alternating bright and dim appearance of the selected color creates a pulsating breathing effect.
- Wave Mode
- This creates an effect reminiscent of "the wave" by fans in a stadium. The LEDs alternate between the selected color and darkness in a gradation which flows from right to left.
- Dual Color Mode
- The whole keyboard's LEDs alternate between two selected colors in a gradient mode.
Realistic Gaming Screen
- GT780 has a 17-inch Full HD screen, which projects a vibrant visual effect. The top-end NVIDIA Geforce GTX560M graphic card with 1.5GB GRDDR5 memory gives the notebook an extraordinary gaming performance. GT780 is fully compatible with DX11, which provides an ultra-smooth and vivid three-dimensional visual experience.
Stunning Audio Performance
- Speaker Placement
- In order to present the best sound effects, the GT780 speakers are uniquely configured. Besides the two side speakers projected toward the user, there is also a subwoofer sound hole at the bottom. This configuration immerses gamers into a realistic, three-dimensional battlefield experience.
- Quality Speakers
- Four Dynaudio speakers are built into this computer and provide a more immersive gaming experience.
- Higher Audio Standards
- THX TruStudio Pro software ensures that your computer and speakers produce high-quality, cinema-like audio as you watch movies or play on games.
- The exterior design of the GT780 combines the classic, succinct appearance of a limousine with the aerodynamic contour of a spacecraft. As such, the computre has a low-key but strong look. The black casing of the GT780 is specially covered with brushed aluminum, coupled with the silver msi logo, it makes the GT780 a symbol of the coexistence of textural quality and ultimate performance.
- Touchpad Power Switch
- To avoid accidentally touching the touch pad while gaming, the GT780 is equipped with a control switch for the touch pad on the side of the keyboard.