The Carl Zeiss ZE SLR Lens Case Set For Canon EF Mount consists of five powerful T* lenses and a specially-designed waterproof case.
The lenses can be used for both photography and filmmaking. They are designed with Zeiss' famous T* anti-reflective coating which allows almost 100% light transmission and thereby reduces light loss and highly increases sharpness and contrast. Each lens comes with its own hood, front and rear caps, test certificate, manual, and 2-year manufacturer's warranty. All five lenses are Canon EF mount.
The case for the lenses is tough and relevant. Lightweight, waterproof, dustproof and crushproof, it contains six inserts, five of which the accompanying lenses fit perfectly into, and in which they are protected from any shock or vibration. The sixth insert can take on another lens, or can conveniently be used to hold anything from a sandwich to a set of keys (or both). The case is 19" x 14" in L x W.
The entire set offers a substantial savings over its contents sold separately.
The lenses of the set, each designed for creative precision with a particular type of photography, are:
- 21mm Distagon f/2.8 T* ZE
- A super wide lens that can close in just over 8". It's non-reflecting and distortion-free, and so outputs images with contrast and color. Made with floating lens elements, it keeps performance from edge to edge at all distances. A great color control prevents color fringes even along high-contrast contour edges.
- 28mm Distagon f/2.0 T* ZE
- A moderate wide lens with a large rotation angle allowing precise focusing. Compact, lightweight and wide at f/2, it can be used to great effect in handheld photography. Designed with floating lens elements, it maintains consistency across all distances.
- 35mm Distagon f/2.0 T* ZE
- Medium wide, its short focus rotation and wide f/2 aperture enable it to quickly shoot handheld at sudden, unexpected moments. Built with floating lens elements, it maintains performance across the entire image area.
- 50mm Planar f/1.4 T* ZE
- A normal lens designed for medium and longer distances, it captures images in as natural a look as possible under the various light conditions. It performs very well wide open, but does even better when stopped down. Sporting a large rotation angle, it captures in high contrast with its standard 50mm focal length.
- 85mm Planar f/1.4 T* ZE
- A short telephoto lens with a standard focal length of 85mm, it reaches 128mm when attached to a DSLR with a crop factor of 1.5. A long barrel rotation offers precision with either focal length. Fully wide, it attains a shallow depth of field; and an almost completely circular diaphragm produces an excellent bokeh.
Empty Case: 7.6 lb (3447 g)
Case Including 5 Canon Lenses: 14.04 lb (6367 g)