The MXO2 Mini (Thunderbolt) from Matrox is a device that combines the functionality of an HDMI & Analog I/O card in the form factor of a miniature breakout box. It will capture, convert, and play multiple video formats, via its HDMI, composite, component, analog audio, and S-Video inputs & outputs. And of course, this MXO2 includes a Thunderbolt adapter, which supplies the blazing-fast connection to a computer for a data transfer rate of up to 10 Gb/s.
This device's small footprint makes it easy to transport. You also benefit from a wide variety of HD and SD workflows with Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro thanks to Matrox MXO2's 10-bit hardware up/down/cross-conversion scaling engine and support for a wide variety of file-based formats and industry-standard codecs. Moreover, its color-calibration tool can be used to turn your HDMI monitor into a professional-grade video monitor, so you can monitor your work in Avid Media Composer or NewsCutter, for instance.
Note: Requires a Thunderbolt cable.
- Enjoy broadcast-quality HD/SD video and audio input/output. Capture & play back high-definition video via HDMI and analog component. Capture & play back NTSC and PAL via analog component, S-Video, and composite. Output HD and SD video simultaneously, and input & output stereo RCA audio and up to 8 channels of HDMI audio
- This model is designed for use Thunderbolt-enabled Macs
- It features a small footprint and is easy to connect to cameras and monitors
- Capture and play back high-definition video in multiple formats
- Turn your HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with color-calibration tools
- A 10-bit hardware-based scaling engine allows for real-time up-, down-, and cross-conversion upon capture and playback
- This unit supports 5.1 and 7.1 surround-sound monitoring on the HDMI output
- Edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format, or capture live video directly from your AVCHD camera's HDMI output, bypassing the compression entirely
- It is compatible with your applications such as Apple Final Cut Pro & Color, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects & Photoshop, among others
- Hardware acceleration of Final Cut Pro Dynamic RT segments, HDV, and DVCPRO HD
- 10-bit HDMI input, output and monitoring with the unique Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility
- Matrox Vetura standalone application for convenient playback of your H.264 and .mov files