The view is astounding and the handling is superb - glassing through the El Range 10x42 Binocular from Swarovski brings the cutting edge of optical performance to a new level. While the original EL series set the benchmark for clarity, color accuracy, and handling comfort, the EL Range binoculars raise the performance bar even higher and incorporate the practical feature of a laser range finder.
The effective range of the Class 1 EN/FDA ranging laser is 33 to 1500 yards with a red aiming circle and distance display in the LCD. The display intensity is automatically adjusted or can be overridden with any of 5 manual intensity settings. With the push of a button, the SWARO_Aim technology furnishes the corrected ballistic trajectory yardage distance for angled shots. These binocular barrels provide an impressive 91% light transmission capability. There is even a Scan Mode for moving game.
The optical system has been enhanced with all of Swarovski's optical coatings with their legendary performance-enhancements. Keeping pace with the optical train, the EL Range's construction also benefits from some advanced fine-tuning. The open-bridge design provides viewers with long-term viewing comfort, enhanced stability, and ease of handling. The housing is covered with a rubberized finish that offers a secure tactile grip and a bit of shock resistance. Stellar all-climate performance is ensured via nitrogen purging. The rugged magnesium housing is sealed and purged to create a watertight and fogproof internal system - one that's impervious to dynamic climates and difficult conditions.
A wide angle field of view and truly noteworthy eye relief contribute to this fine sporting optic's viewing performance. Even when wearing glasses, the view remains unobstructed, free from vignetting, and full with crisp detail.
- Optical Performance
- Wide angle 63° AAoV
- Phase-coated BAK4 roof prisms
- Twilight factor according to DIN 58388 of 20.5
- SWARODUR coating enhances scratch resistance
- SWAROTOP anti-reflective multicoating improves light transmission
- SWAROBRIGHT mirrored prism coating improves brightness and color reproduction under all lighting
- SWAROCLEAN reduces the surface energy on the outer lenses making the cleaning considerably easier
- Airtight and Dustproof
- Rugged lightweight magnesium housing
- Open-bridge EL design for a comfortable wrap-around grip
- Nitrogen purged: waterproof, fogproof, submersible to 13' / 4 m
- Tactile rubber armoring for shock and all-climate weather resistance
- Use and Handling
- Battery strength display
- Close focus of 16.4 feet / 5 meters
- Extended eye relief accommodates eye/sunglass wearers
- Four position twist-up eye cups provide increased viewing comfort
- Included snap shot adapter to attach a digital camera to one objective
- Rubber armor on the each barrel's interior section enhances the viewer's grip
- Ranging Laser
- Class 1 EN/FDA
- Measuring Time: ≤ 1 sec
- Measuring Accuracy: ± 1 yd
- Angular Measurement: ± 90º
- Measuring Range: 33 yds to 1500 m
- Life Cycle of Battery: 1,000 measurements
- Measuring Function: scan mode, single measurement
- SWARO-AIM functions: angular measurement in degrees, OFF - deactivated/no display, corrected shooting distance in meters or yards