The Nikon FT1 Mount Adapter allows you to use certain Nikkor F-mount lenses (designed for Nikon SLR and DSLR cameras) on the new Nikon 1 V1 camera. In order to use this adapter, the V1 camera's firmware must be updated to at least version 1.10. An F-mount lens will produce an angle of view equivalent to 2.7x the view when used with a full-frame SLR or DSLR camera (an F-mount 50mm lens, for instance, will provide an angle of view on the V1 equivalent to a 135mm lens on a full-frame SLR or DSLR camera).
When a VR (Vibration Reduction) lens is used, VR functions can be used. Autofocusing is possible when using AF-S lenses, but focus mode must be set to AF-S (Single AF) and AF-area mode is fixed at Single-point, using only the center focus point. AF/AE supported with AF-S lenses only. When using CPU lenses, [P], [S], [A], and [M] exposure modes can be used, while only [A] and [M] exposure modes can be used with non-CPU lenses. The aperture is set using the aperture ring on the lens.
Shooting in Motion Snapshot mode is only possible when focus has been acquired with an AF-S lens. The Smart Photo Selector function cannot be used. As of December, 2011, the FT1 Adapter is compatible with 65 existing F-mount Nikkor lenses.
- Use Nikkor F-mount lens with V1/J1 cameras.
- For Nikon 1 V1 & J1 cameras--the camera's firmware must be updated to at least version 1.10.
- When using the FT-1 and a compatible AF-S NIKKOR F-Mount lens, users can take full advantage of the Nikon 1's high-speed continuous shooting of 10/30/60 fps. (*When an AF-S lens is used. However, focus is locked with the first shot with continuous shooting.)
- [P], [S], [A], and [M] exposure modes can be used with CPU lenses.
- Vibration reduction (VR) functions when VR lenses are used. Enable vibration reduction, or specify a setting, using switches on the lens. NORMAL/ACTIVE modes are supported when lenses equipped with these modes are used. VR functions in NORMAL mode when lenses not equipped with the NORMAL/ACTIVE modes are used.
- The Smart Photo Selector function cannot be used.
- AF/AE supported with AF-S lenses only. Autofocusing is possible when AF-S lenses are used. However, focus mode must be set to AF-S (Single AF) and AF-area mode is fixed at Single-point with only the center focus point used.
- The focus indicator (rangefinder) can be used with CPU lenses.
- [A] and [M] exposure modes can be used with non-CPU lenses. Aperture is specified using the aperture ring on the lens.
- Shooting in Motion Snapshot mode is only possible when focus has been acquired with an AF-S lens.
AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED
AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED
AF Zoom-NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF-ED
AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
AF Zoom-NIKKOR 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF
AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED
AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED
AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
AF Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4-5.6G
AF Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8D ED
AF VR Zoom-NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED
AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II
AF DX Fisheye-NIKKOR 10.5mm f/2.8G ED
AF Fisheye-NIKKOR 16mm f/2.8D
AF NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED
AF NIKKOR 20mm f/2.8D
AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED
AF NIKKOR 24mm f/2.8D
AF NIKKOR 28mm f/2.8D
AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G
AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
AF NIKKOR 35mm f/2D
AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4D
AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G
AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G
AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4D IF
AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8D
AF DC-NIKKOR 105mm f/2D
AF DC-NIKKOR 135mm f/2D
AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED
AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II
AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED
AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G
AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED
AF Micro-NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8D
AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR
AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
AF Micro-NIKKOR 200mm f/4D IF-ED
PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED
PC-E Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/2.8D
AIS NIKKOR 28mm f/2.8
AIS NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4
AIS NIKKOR 50mm f/1.2
AIS NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4
AIS Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8
AIS Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8