The 3 Legged Thing X4a Jack 4-Section Magnesium Alloy Tripod with AirHed 1 Ball Head (Blue) is an extremely lightweight, versatile support system for any point & shoot, film, or DSLR camera. Supporting up to 16.7 lb as a system, the tripod & head together weigh only 4.2 lb.
The handsome black tripod features a leg that detaches from the rest of the tripod to become a monopod, and the tall center column can be removed and changed out for the included 3.9" "stubby" center column for low-angle shooting. With its 4-section legs and 2-section center column fully extended, the X4a Jack & AirHed 1 reaches a generous maximum height of 85".
Leg angles can be set at three different positions; at their widest and with the column removed, the top of the tripod chassis sits only 5.3" from the ground (with the head attached, that figure climbs to 9.2"). The leg angles can be set independently to support stable shooting on uneven surfaces. When it's time to transport or store the X4a Jack with the AirHed 1 attached, the legs fold upward 180° so that the feet reach to the top of the head to form a tight little package (19.7" long).
The aircraft-grade T6061 magnesium AH1 head features a robust knurled knob that operates the Arca-style quick-release clamp. The clamp is designed so that the release knob sits under the lens, making it easier to mount, with more finger clearance. Additional knurled knobs manipulate the blue ball head's pan lock and ball/tilt lock. The pan-lock knob features an inset tension control that affects the play of the ball's movement.
The included quick-release plate, also magnesium, is compatible with BlackRapid's R-Strap camera slings, by way of its FastenR-T1 camera screw. The 1/4"-20 camera screw's flip-up D-ring allows you to tighten it to your camera easily. This ring allows you to attach your camera to an R-Strap and quickly move it from around your neck or shoulder to the AirHed 1 without removing the sling.
- Constructed of aircraft-grade T6061 Stealth Mag Alloy magnesium, the 26mm (upper section diameter) legs offer excellent lateral and torsional strength
- Magnesium alloy construction of tripod chassis, head, and plate for lightweight strength
- Grub screw in the wide mounting plate enables extremely steadfast connection with the head
- Spirit level on tripod chassis, and two bubble levels on the rear of the head's quick-release assembly for precise leveling
- Smooth-glide leg catches
- Leg angles can be set independently at 23°, 55°, and 80°
- Spring hook for hanging a ballast for extra stability in windy conditions
- Double-section rapid center column is removable and reversible. Also included is a short center column (3.9"), which facilitates shooting from extremely low angles (minimum height is 5.3")
- Feet can be unscrewed and interchanged (extra feet not included)
- 90° slot on head for portrait orientation