The ASUS 32GB Eee Pad Transformer Prime 10.1" Tablet (Champagne) features an LED backlit capacitive display with 10-finger multi-touch support. The IPS display has WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution, viewing angles up to 178° and is protected by a layer of scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass. There's 32GB of eMMC Flash storage and a 1GB DDR2 memory. The Prime runs an Android 3.2 Honeycomb OS, which is upgradeable to an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. For proper multitasking and smooth HD 1080p video output, ASUS equipped the 10.1" tablet with an NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core Mobile Processor. The Transformer Prime also has an optional keyboard docking station (sold separately) that can be attached, providing access to a full QWERTY keyboard - transforming it from tablet to notebook.
For connectivity, the Transformer Prime features WLAN 802.11 b/g/n WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth V 2.1+EDR. It also has a micro HDMI port for viewing stored and Internet content on an HDTV in full 1080p HD with a 5.1 ch surround sound system. There are front and rear facing digital cameras as well. Plus, the Transformer Prime has expandable storage capacity via the microSD card reader. When you're on-the-go, you'll appreciate the SRS Sound dynamic 3D stereo speakers, 2-in-1 audio jack and durable IPS scratch-resistant panel. The built-in SRS Sound technology provides maximum bass response and a wide sound field from the stereo speakers integrated into the tablet. The 2-in-1 audio jack utilizes a single jack as a headphone output and microphone input. There is also a digital array mic integrated into the tablet.
The portability of the Prime is enhanced by its lightweight and 0.33" thickness. Plus, as you turn the tablet in your hand, the G-sensor automatically changes the screen from portrait to landscape orientation. The Transformer Prime also includes a gyroscope, ambient light sensor, E-compass and GPS sensor. The Li-polymer battery lasts up to 12 hours and the user interface facilitates quick access to the tablet's software suite for easier on-the-move computing. Plus, if you choose to purchase the optional ASUS Transformer Prime Keyboard Docking Station, the battery life will be extended to 18 hours and you'll have the ability to swiftly transform your tablet into a full-on notebook with a full QWERTY keyboard, touchpad, USB 2.0 port and additional memory card reader.
- Quad-Core Performance
- The Transformer Prime has the honor of being the first tablet in the world to ship with NVIDIA's Tegra 3 Quad-Core Mobile Processor, which balances high performance with extended battery life
- Android 3.2 OS Upgradeable to Android 4.0 OS
- Although the Transformer Prime ships with the Android 3.2 Honeycomb OS, it remains available for upgrade when the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS is released. Conveniently, both operating systems support Adobe Flash
- IPS Display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- The Transformer Prime features an IPS display protected by durable and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass. It's viewable at angles up to 178° and produces a crisp, accurate color range. The 10.1" display also features an LED backlit capacitive touch screen with 10 finger multi-touch support and WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- HDMI Output
- Sporting a micro HDMI port, the Transformer Prime can connect to an HDTV and 5.1 surround sound system, which allows you to share your stored / Internet content with friends and family - delivering an enhanced multimedia experience
- Ultra-Thin Style
- The super slim and lightweight Transformer Prime is 0.33" thick and weighs only 1.29 lb. It's designed to be held comfortably from any position and the unique textured pattern offers better grip
- Front & Rear Cameras
- An 8.0 Megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1.2 Megapixel front-facing camera can both shoot and record HD video, which can be played back in stunning 1080p full HD
- SRS Sound Technology
- Built-in SRS Sound technology provides a dynamic 3D stereo audio experience, with maximum bass response and a wide sound field from the two discrete stereo speakers housed within the tablet
- Optional Keyboard Docking Station
- Sold separately, the Transformer Prime Keyboard Docking Station facilitates the attachment of a full QWERTY keyboard to the tablet via a 40-pin docking port. The keyboard is equipped with a touchpad, USB 2.0 port and an extra 2-in-1 card reader for easy file sharing and storage expandability. The docking station also extends the tablet's 12 hours of battery life up to 18 hours and provides unique Android Function keys, turning your Transformer Prime tablet into a full-fledged notebook