The B+W 58mm UV 420 Very Light Yellow Filter is a specialized UV filter for completely blocking ultraviolet radiation into the violet region of the visible light spectrum. It helps to prevent unsharpness during ultraviolet fluorescence photography caused by chromatic aberrations due to intense UV lighting situations. It also helps to reduce the over-fluorescence that may occur in the cement between lens elements. In addition to these additional benefits, this filter also compensates for the bluish cast of daylight like clear UV filters. It has a noticeable yellow tint and a filter factor of 1.2, requiring an additional 0.3 stop exposure for normal results.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention
- Completely blocks UV radiation into the violet region of the visible spectrum.
- Counters unsharpness caused by chromatic aberrations within the UV light spectrum.
- Absorbs UV light and reduces bluish cast of daylight.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.