The Monarch 5 10x42 (Real Tree Camo) from Nikon features Nikon's proprietary lead and arsenic free optical-glass formula, known as Eco-Glass which is used for all lenses and prisms in this fine Monarch binocular. All of the air-to-glass surfaces are fully multicoated to ensure maximum light transmission, sharpness, and contrast. The roof prisms are finished with a dielectric coating that enhances the efficiency of the optical system to near perfection.
This easy-to-handle optic is fully waterproof and fogproof, and a tactile rubberized exterior ensures a secure grip at all times. The centered focus knob is fast, accurate, and easy to use. A pair of multi-setting click-stop eyecups and a notable 15.5mm of eye relief allow you to tailor the binocular to suit your needs - whether you're wearing glasses or not.
- Optical Performance
- AFOV: 55.3°
- Fully multicoated Eco-Glass lenses for enhanced sharpness and clarity
- Dielectric multilayer prism coating delivers extremely high levels of light transmission, excellent contrast, accurate color rendition
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen filled/o-ring sealed for water and fogproof performance
- Real Tree APG Camo protective rubber armoring provides a non-slip grip
- Sleek lightweight form factor: excellent ergonomics, easy to carry, durable
- Use and Handling
- Center focus knob: fast full-range of focus for quick viewing.
- Click stop eyecups: clear comfortable view with/without sun/eyeglasses