The RU1142A USB 3.0 Super Speed HBA 2 Port Controller from HighPoint Technologies is a host adapter providing upgrades to your current USB ports. With the RU1142A you can now take advantage of USB 3.0 connectivity along with 20Gb/s transfer speeds. The adapter is PCI-E compatible offering numerous improvements over traditional bus standards. With the PCI-E compatible device you can receive higher maximum system bus throughput, more detailed error detection and reporting mechanism, and native hot-plug functionality.
The RU1142A is also Hot-Swap and Hot-Plug compatible. With hot-swap compatibility you can easily replace the adapter without the need to shut down you system. Along with hot swapping, you can also hot-plug your adapter into your system. Hot-plugging your adapter simply means you can add the adapter to your system without significant interruption to the operation of your system. Once inserted and the necessary software is installed the device becomes operable without the need to reboot your machine.
- Ultra Fast Transfer Speed
- With 20Gb/s transfer bandwidth you have the speed you need to transfer a variety of files.
- PCI Express Compatibility
- Peripheral Component Interconnect Express or, PCIe, includes a number of improvements over the older bus standards traditionally used in computers. With PEIe standards you can take advantage of higher maximum system bus throughput, lower I/O pin count, better performance-scaling for bus devices, a more detailed error detection and reporting mechanism and native hot-plug functionality.
- Hot Swappable
- The hot swappable RU1142A controller benefits from hot swapping technology. When a device is hot swappable it can be replaced without shutting down the computer. When you hot swap your device you can replace the component without significant interruption to the system. This device is also hot-plug capable enabling you to expand you system without significant interruption to the operation of your system.
- xHCI Compliant
- Extensible Host Controller Interface, otherwise known as xHCI, is a specification that describes the register-level host controller interface for Universal Serial Bus (USB) Revision 2.0 and above.