Innovative and portable, the cutting-edge Sony HXR-NX30 Palm Size NXCAM HD Camcorder with Projector is a handheld, excellently built HD camcorder that's capable of capturing AVCHD video in Full HD 1080p at 60 fps, as well as high-quality digital still images. It's equipped with 96GB of internal flash memory, an LED video light and NightShot capabilities. It also supports all AVCHD recording formats at 28 Mbps.
The true innovation behind Sony's HXR-NX30 is its 1/2.88 ExmorR image sensor and ultra-wide angle Carl Zeiss 10x optical zoom lens. The lens is mounted within a gyroscope, which affords unbelievable image stabilization. Sony's calls their innovative technology Balanced Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode. In fact, you can choose to shoot in fixed mode, without stabilization, or you can easily switch on the SteadyShot whenever needed. This feature is great for walking and shooting or for journalists who may need to hold the camera steady, high-above their head while demanding the truth in front of city hall.
Other highlights include an onboard level control section with several professional audio controls for tweaking your sound levels just right. The camera also affords dual XLR inputs with phantom power and a stereo shotgun mic (included). If that's not enough, the camera's integrated projector, which is built right into the back of the LCD display, definitely puts this model over the top. Plus, with the ability to project up to a 100" diagonal image on any flat, near-white surface, the projector really opens up the possibilities of how you can use your HD camcorder. If you're also looking to output your video source to an HDTV, the camera's integrated HDMI port affords another convenient way to share your home movies with friends and family.
- Ultra Wide-Angle 26 mm Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T Lens
- The HXR-NX30 comes with a 26 mm Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens that suppresses unwanted reflections to assure faithful color reproduction. It also provides high contrast and high image quality with exceptional resolution from 26 mm wide angle to 260 mm telephoto (35mm equivalent). Thanks to the 6-blade iris diaphragm, you can enjoy an exceptionally realistic expression of natural light 1
- 1/2.88" ExmorR CMOS Image Sensor
- Even when shooting dark scenes, the back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor provides high sensitivity and low noise that are hard to believe from such a compact unit. What is more, using a 1/2.88" type sensor with an aspect ratio of 16:9 is ideal for wide-angle shooting. This lets you record images with even higher definition
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization System
- The innovative Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system eliminates the influence of vibrations from the body by enclosing the entire optical block, from the lens to the image sensor, in a "floating" space. Combined with electronic image stabilization that compensates for rotation around the optical axis, this new system provides powerful image stabilization even when shooting whilst zooming, which was previously difficult to achieve. You can record stable images with minimal blur, every time. To optimize the effect of Balanced Optical SteadyShot, the HXR-NX30 features a FIXED SHOT mode. Press a button and this expands the movable range of the optical block to keep you locked on your subject. This is particularly convenient when you want to maintain the same shooting angle for an extended period
- Full HD Video Capture & Still Image Recording
- The HXR-NX30 allows you to shoot at 60 fps progressive (1080/60p) with 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution. Using a 30p timeline setting with AVCHD 2.0 compatible NLE software enables conversion to smooth slow-motion images up to 2x slower. You can also select 1080/60i/30p and 1280 x 720/60p. Simultaneous recording of still images while shooting video is another feature of the HXR-NX30. It is possible to shoot high quality images with a resolution as high as 24.1MP
- Embedded Flash Memory & Memory Stick PRO Duo / SD Multi Card Slot
- The built-in 96GB embedded Flash memory can record and store up to 30 hours of high definition video footage in HD LP mode with Dolby Digital audio mode. And there is an amulet-card slot that lets you record video images on Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD cards, giving you a range of options in your choice of recording media. You can also use these readily available cards to copy data from the internal memory
- XLR Audio Inputs & ECM-XM1 Shotgun Microphone Records Linear PCM Audio
- Two balanced XLR audio inputs are built-in with phantom power and attenuation options that professional users require for clean sound quality. Default audio settings for XLR recording are highlighted in green for easy reference in the field in order to reduce operator error under difficult lighting conditions. The ECM-XM1 shotgun microphone mounted on top of the ergonomic handle provides audio recording performance similar to larger shoulder-mounted ENG style cameras. The HXR-NX30 is able to record high-quality 48 kHz/16-bit Linear PCM audio as well
- Timecode / User bit Recording & HDMI Embedded Timecode Output
- The HXR-NX30 features the important professional camcorder functions of timecode and user bit settings. Like other NXCAM camcorders, the HXR-NX30 allows timecode to be centrally reset using an infrared remote control for easy synchronization of video from multiple cameras. Using NLE software, live footage shot with multiple NXCAM camcorders can be efficiently edited with timecode sync. Timecodes and user bits can also be output through an HDMI jack 2
- Built-In Light Offers Auxiliary Light Source for Video or Flash for Still Image Capture
- You can use this built-in light as a flash when shooting still images or as an auxiliary light source when recording video. Using the NightShot mode is particularly effective when recording in low-light conditions and allows you to capture otherwise impossible shots
- Built-In Projector to View Footage
- A built-in projector can project images up to 100" diagonal (when projecting 16.4' from a screen) or 40" (when projecting 6.6' from a screen). Large-screen projection of images enables all the staff involved to check the rushes at the end of the shoot and it reduces the need for an external display