The Manfrotto SYMPLA Shoulder Support System combines several SYMPLA components into a highly adjustable DSLR shoulder rig.
The rig's camera plate, called a Variable Plate, takes on a camera by quick-release functionality and features three different axes that the camera can be adjusted along -- longitudinal, lateral and vertical. You can slide the camera up and down the rods, offset the camera from the plate's center, and align the plate higher and lower. In all three instances, a separate ratchet lever tightens to lock the camera in position. The flexibility of three independent axes allows the camera to be set up for different types of shots and allows the viewfinder to be positioned right in front of your eye. The Plate also has Easy-Link fittings on its sides for attaching Magic Arms, light modifiers, lighting units and external monitors.
Swivel-joint Adjustable Handles at the front of the rig can be set in pretty much any position -- vertical, horizontal, up-side down, and every other in between. They can be set closer together, wider apart, and rotated 360°, allowing comfort and precision. Once you find the right position, just lock it in place -- each handle has its own locking dial (and each handle can be positioned differently). The Handles additionally play a part in incorporating optional remote controls to your rig. SYMPLA offers two different remote control units for adjusting focus on DSLRs. One of the ways of mounting these remotes is by way of the Handles. They attach to the top parts of the Handles.
Every component of the rig is easily detachable thereby giving you the flexibility to reconfigure your rig with other optional components should you ever want to. But as it stands now, the rig is a full-out Shoulder Support system designed of quality material and precision mechanics and for the most part requiring no tools at all.
- Multi-Component DSLR Shoulder Rig
- Variable Camera Plate lets you adjust the camera along three independent axes
- Easy-Link fittings on the side of the Variable Plate let you attach lights, monitors, etc.
- Handles adjust into almost any position and can be used as pan bars and rotated 360°
- The Handles also play a part in incorporating optional remote controls that SYMPLA has
- Each component easily detaches and is designed of quality material and precision mechanics