The Tough TG-1 iHS Digital Camera from Olympus is the world's first rugged camera on the market to include a high-speed f/2.0 lens. Even in low light and the harshest of conditions, you can capture high quality digital images with fast shutter speeds. The flagship of the Olympus Tough model and the toughest Tough model to date, the TG-1 is an exceptionally high-speed point and shoot with fast start-up time, quick refresh rates and a multitude of features that will allow you to take wonderful images in conditions that you never dared shoot before, including underwater.
Speed is not just a product of the faster f-stop. A high-sensitivity, high-speed 12MP CMOS sensor combined with the DSLR-quality TruePic VI image processor offer rapid shooting and response times. High-speed autofocus, enhanced Intelligent Auto and Super-resolution zoom mean you shoot the images you want at the speed you need. Depending on the size of your images, multi-burst capability allows you to shoot from 5 frames per second to an incredible 60 frames per second. Never miss the action shot these cameras were designed to photograph.
Speaking of action, the Tough TG-1 lets you run directly into it without fear that your camera won't come back alive. Durability is the first word when talking about these new Olympus cameras. Shockproof up to 6.6 feet, crushproof to 220 lbf, freezeproof to 14º F and waterproof up to 40 feet, you can take these cameras almost anywhere, come back with great images of your adventure, and go do it all again. In addition to these high standards, the camera has a protective sealant that keeps it dustproof and a water-resilient coating on the lens that prevents water from staying on the lens surface. This is not only a protective function, but allows for clear composition of images and the quick removal of pesky water drops on your lens. And if 40 feet underwater is not deep enough for you, an Olympus underwater housing unit has been designed specifically for the TG-1. Sold separately, the case is O-ring sealed and safe up to 135 feet (45m) underwater.
A high resolution 3.0" OLED monitor provides visibility in bright light situations, such as snow and beach, and allows you to compose and shoot without struggling for a better angle to see the screen. And like the camera lens, the OLED is prepared with a water-resilient multi-coating that prevents scratches, minimizes fingerprints and smudges and further cuts down on reflective glare. This coating prevents water from remaining on the OLED surface and allows for better image composition in rain and surf.
Numerous shooting modes allow you to better take advantage of the camera's speed and durability. The Super Sport mode combines high-speed autofocus and shutter speeds up to 1/2000 of a second to freeze the action into a crisp photo. No messing with the menu when you need to shoot now, the Super Sport mode is located right on the dial and shoots in bursts of five to guarantee you won't miss the shot. A low light mode is available to capture the mood of a candle-light dinner or a sinking sunset, without the unwanted blast of a flash. And the enhanced iAuto mode allows the camera to recognize the scene it is shooting and choose the optimum settings. From underwater snapshots to fireworks to snow to backlighting, the camera will sense it and take care of the settings for you.
And video! Let's not forget about video! The TG-1 offers 1080p (1920x1080 pixels) Full HD video with high-definition PCM audio technology. The iHS processor provides great colors and high speed while the Multi-Motion Image Stabilizer compensates for camera movement and smoothes out that video you shot while surfing or skiing. Shoot it at 60 frames per second to show off your best jump in high quality slow motion. An HDMI output makes HDTV playback easy.
From durability to speed, from programmable modes to slow motion playback, the Tough TG-1 iHS is a camera that knows its audience. It is designed for and will be loved by those on the go, by those who love to shoot how they play and for those who respect a camera that can live hard, give great results and come back for more.
- A high-speed f/2.0 lens, previously unheard of in a rugged point and shoot, strengthens the camera's shooting capabilities, making faster shutter speeds possible. A 12-megapixel, backlit CMOS sensor combined with a fast, DSLR-quality image processor result in high-speed autofocus, rapid response rates and multi-burst capabilities.
- Ultra Durable
- Made for shooting in extreme conditions and able to withstand rough treatment, the TG-1 is called Tough for a reason. Completely waterproof to 40 feet, it's ideal for underwater photography or a day at the beach and shockproof to 6.6 feet, it drops, you don't worry. Freezeproof to 14º and, thanks to lightweight polycarbonate resin and two metal frames, it is crushproof to a weight of 220 pounds. The camera will work when and where you need it and not show up with a cracked screen when you pull it out of your backpack. Raindrops, water spray and snow are not a problem because the specially coated lens prevents water from remaining on the lens and OLED monitor. And thanks to a fine protective sealing, dust and debris stay out of the body. Double-lock durability means that the battery and SD card won't fall out when bumped. A multi-directional lock mechanism protects your camera from accidental openings, especially important when shooting underwater.
- OLED Display
- A bright 3.0" high resolution (610k dots) OLED monitor is visible in strong light, so framing and composition are made easier and because it's applied with a protective coating to further cut down on glare and prevent scratches, the monitor is as tough as the camera.
- Video and Audio
- With the TG-1 iHS, you can shoot 1080p Full HD videos (1920x1080 pixels). Thanks to iHS technology, your videos will benefit from excellent color reproduction and faster processing speeds, and Multi-Motion Image Stabilization compensates for movement during recording. Linear PCM Recording, an audio technology pioneered by Olympus, records your videos with high-definition audio for optimal playback results. HDMI output and control makes playing back videos on your HDTV a snap.
- Super Sport Mode
- Super Sport Mode combines high-speed autofocus with extra fast shutter speeds -up to 1/2000- to freeze the action. Conveniently located on the dial, this mode captures five shots in a high-speed burst to ensure crisp shots in even the most extreme action sport settings.
- Low Light Mode
- Low light mode is perfect for capturing the mood without losing the details. Confidently photograph low-light indoor scenes, sunsets, concerts, or nighttime festivities without blurred-out faces or bright flash ruining the ambience.
- Enhanced Intelligent Auto Mode
- In iAuto mode, the Olympus TG-1 iHS automatically detects the subject, lighting and situation to identify the scene you're shooting - up to 30 different scenes - and adjusts the settings for ideal results.
- Converter Lens Compatibility
- A converter ring allows you to add a lens converter adapter, and with that, a waterproof Fisheye Converter Lens or a Teleconverter Lens. The Fisheye Converter Lens captures panoramic, wide-angle shots without sacrificing the brightness of the 4x wide optical zoom f/2.0 lens. The Teleconverter Lens extends your optical zoom from 4x to 6.8x, delivering dramatic close-ups with professional-looking details.
- GPS, e.compass and Manometer Functions
- Location and landmark information will be displayed and recorded along with every image. The camera is also equipped with a logging function so you can track the route taken with recorded images by using applications such as Google Earth and Picasa. The built-in manometer records elevation & water depth and even displays a warning when the user approaches a depth of 40ft.
- High-Speed Sequential Shooting
- With 5fps high-speed burst shooting, you'll be sure to get the perfect shot by taking a quick sequence of images at the touch of a button. At 3MP setting, the frame rate increases to an astounding 60 shots per second! Never miss an action shot again.
- Underwater Features
- The Olympus TG-1 has 4 different underwater scene modes - Underwater Snapshot, Underwater Wide 1, Underwater Wide 2 and Underwater Macro - each calibrated to allow for optimal color balance, exposure and flash so you automatically get the best underwater results. Dive to depths of 135 feet (45m) with the new Olympus PT-053 underwater housing (sold separately), designed specifically for the TG-1 iHS. With a large, responsive shutter button, precision zoom lever and a tight O-ring seal with safety lock, the PT-053 allows divers, from beginner to master, to capture worry-free images of unique underwater scenes.
- Magic Art Filters
- Be creative with 12 different special effects for your photos and HD videos. Olympus' Magic Art Filters offers simple ways to put great touches on your images. Choose from Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fisheye, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor, Miniature, Reflection, Dramatic and Fragmented.