The K30 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm AL Lens Kit (Blue) from Pentax is a great entry for hobbyists looking to purchase a DSLR for the first time, or photographers who need a new camera with a more rugged construction and an included lens. With a fast 6 frames per second and built-in image stabilization, it will easily catch your kids playing in the big game, or the hummingbird that visits your feeder. You'll also be able to shoot worry-free due to the K30's full weather sealing that allows for use in any weather condition, including below-freezing temperatures of 14° F!
With 16.3 megapixels, and a maximum resolution of 4928 x 3264, you'll also have free reign to print enlargements, easily up to 11 x 14" and beyond, to hang up in the living room or a home office. Should a single image not be able to fully capture the moment, you can even switch to video mode, with live view, and capture stunning 1080p Full HD clips of every detail--to relive whenever you want, even on a big-screen TV.
For a bit of creative freedom, there are several different capture modes that can be used to define your unique style as a photographer, including: Extract Color, Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Shading, Invert Color, Color, and even HDR (High Dynamic Range). With just three exposures the camera can capture and align the images by pixel to create HDR images with ease.
- Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Zoom Lens
- This is a standard focal length zoom lens designed specifically for beginners using Pentax digital SLR cameras. Blending versatility with affordability, it has a broad range of applications from indoor pictures, portraits, and landscapes to family photos and other general situations
- High performance 16Mp Sensor
- The 16.3 megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor records image resolutions of up to 16M (4928 x 3264), and down to 5M (2688 x 1792). Of the four available resolutions, you can decide to record several file formats, including: RAW (DNG), JPG (EXIF 2.3), DCF 2.0 compliant, DPOF, and PIM III
- Full 1080p30 HD Video
- Record Full HD 1080p video that features h.264 compression, flexible exposure control, and HDR finishing options. The highest resolution recorded is 1920 x 1080p with 30, 25, or 24 frames per second. These video clips are then compressed and saved in MOV or MPEG-4 AVC (h.264) formats
- Image Capture and Processing
- While the K30's PRIME M image processing engine has been optimized for video shooting modes, it also captures outstanding still images at up to 6 frames per second in continuous shooting mode. Ensuring all of these images are properly focused, the advanced SAFOX IXi+ autofocus engine features an AF assist lamp, light source sensor, and improved optical components. This 11 point (9 cross) wide autofocus system features a light wavelength sensor and diffraction lens. The highly accurate 77 segment metering system ensures your images from the K30 will have accurate exposure, even in complex lighting conditions. It also has exposure bracketing: with 3 frames, up to +/- 2 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 steps
- 3.0" Wide-Angle Display and Glass Pentaprism Viewfinder
- The large 3 inch LCD on the back of the K30 camera body is wide angle viewable, and features 921,000 dots of resolution. Live View on this screen has focus peaking highlights in-focus surfaces for fast and accurate manual or autofocus. Allowing for both methods of composition, the K30 also features a low profile glass pentaprism viewfinder. It achieves a 100% optical field of view and has a magnification of 0.92x
- Convenient Power Supplies
- Compatible with both rechargeable Li-Ion and "AA" batteries (via the optional "AA" battery holder sold separately), you can easily find replacement batteries for your Pentax K30, should you run out of charge while in the field
- Worry-Free Weather Sealing
- With a fully weather sealed camera body, you can shoot in poor weather conditions worry-free, or shoot sports in otherwise treacherous conditions for any other camera. The K30 also features a rugged cold-proof design that even allows for sub-freezing use--so you can even shoot winter sports in frigid and snowy conditions