The Avantone CK-1 Small-Capsule FET Pencil Microphone is a ruggedly designed "pencil" microphone with an elegant finish that is also well suited for capturing overheads (cymbals), acoustic instruments, amplifier cabinets and even vocals. The CK-1 features an interchangeable capsule design and includes 3 condenser capsules with cardioid, omnidirectional and hypercardioid polar patterns. The condenser capsules combined with its FET output stage deliver pristine detail and an audio quality that rivals higher priced microphones in the same class. Additional features include a -10dB pad (attenuation) switch and 80Hz high-pass filter switch for minimizing low-frequency noise. Its elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish features nickel trim, rugged black grill and absolutely no breakable plastic components. The microphone includes a shockmount (SSM) and rugged padded carrying case.
- High grade polystyrene and metalized polypropylene capacitors in the signal path
- The CK-1 includes (3) 3/4" (19mm) interchangeable capsules to provide unlimited miking possibilities
- SSM shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations
- The -10dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics
- The 80Hz high-pass filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to greatly reduce unwanted low frequencies