The MOTU Track16 Track16 Desktop Studio FireWire/USB 2.0 Interface is a versatile and compact unit that offers a wide range of inputs and outputs, as well as effects, mixing, and monitoring. It's equipped with eight channels of analog ins and outs including mic, line, and high-impedance instrument inputs. The analog connectors come on a 44-inch breakout cable, which gives you flexibility for setup and connections (an optional breakout box is also available). For digital I/O, the unit's optical ports support either eight channels of ADAT, four channels of SMUX optical, or two channels of optical S/PDIF on TOSlink connectors. MIDI in and Out jacks are also included.
Housed in an aluminum-alloy chassis, Track16 supports professional-quality 24-bit recording at sampling rates up to 192 kHz, and has a user interface that was designed to be simple and intuitive. The large knob in the center of the unit can be set to control levels for any of the inputs or outputs with just a single tap on one of the front panel buttons. User-assignable LED meters make it possible to see levels from any of the units inputs or outputs.
Track16 gives you the choice of either USB 2.0 or FireWire connection. If you choose the latter, the unit can be powered via the FireWire bus. Track16 is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista, as well as any audio software that supports WDM, ASIO, and Core Audio.
The included MOTU CueMix FX software gives you low-latency hardware monitoring, and lets you create up to eight separate monitor mixes. You get reverb, modeled analog EQ, and modeled vintage compression, all of which can be used strictly for the monitor mix or printed into your host software. Talkback and Listenback features make it easy to communicate from the control room to musicians in the live room. CueMix FX also offers comprehensive metering for all the inputs and outputs.
- Plentiful I/O
- 16 in and 14 out including 2 mic inputs, 2 Hi-Z guitar inputs, two pairs of line inputs, Main and Line output pairs, ADAT optical, and more
- Detailed, User-Configurable Metering
- Dedicated 7-segment LED Main-output meters and configurable meters for all other analog I/O
- One-Touch Operation
- Press the button for the input or output you want to control and turn the knob
- Sound Quality
- 24-bit converters; supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz recording
- Bus Powered via FireWire
- No AC adapter needed when you connect your computer to the FireWire port. Great for remote, battery-powered operation with a laptop
- Cross-Platform Connectivity
- Connects to any Mac or Windows machine via USB 2.0 or FireWire. Cross-platform compatible with virtually all audio software via WDM, ASIO, and Core Audio drivers.
- Metal Chassis
- Aluminum alloy chassis
- Advanced Extras
- 44-inch breakout cable, DSP-driven mixing and effects, instrument tuner, expandability, analysis tools and oscilloscope, and SMPTE time code sync