The 6TB My Book Thunderbolt Duo with Thunderbolt Cable B&H Kit is a kit that includes a My Book dual-drive storage system with two Thunderbolt ports (capable of up to 10 Gb/s data transfer rates) and a Thunderbolt cable as well, so you can start using those blazing transfer rates right out of the box.
The system supports user-selectable RAID 0 (striping) and RAID 1 (mirroring) modes, as well as JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) modes for both backup and storage needs. Plus, since Thunderbolt ports are bidirectional, they afford high-speed multitasking. You can also daisy chain multiple devices or peripherals using the two Thunderbolt ports for better efficiency and productivity. For added convenience, the drives are user-serviceable and the system comes with the WD Drives Utilities software.
- Move Data at Unprecedented Speeds
- Video editors and other digital media professionals can do more work in less time thanks to the data transfer speed of the Thunderbolt ports on Western Digital's My Book Thunderbolt Duo. It offers the fastest way to get information to and from your external drive
- User-Selectable RAID or JBOD Modes
- With the My Book Thunderbolt Duo, you can choose between RAID 0 (striping), RAID 1 (mirroring) and JBOD. RAID 0 offers the performance you need when designing or editing time-sensitive graphic-intensive media files. RAID 1 provides double safe data protection by automatically generating a duplicate copy of your data. JBOD allows you to use this dual-drive storage system as two individual drives and select between HFS+J or ExFAT per disk. It's ideal for running Windows OS on a Mac
- Dual Thunderbolt Ports
- Daisy chain multiple devices or peripherals such as HD displays, media players, HD media capture and editing systems using the two Thunderbolt ports to achieve maximum workflow efficiency and productivity
- High-Speed Multitasking
- The revolutionary bidirectional Thunderbolt technology delivers unmatched speed for multitasking while video editing, 3D rendering and completing other graphics intensive projects
- To replace a drive, just open the case and exchange the existing drive - no tools needed. If you fill up a drive, you can simply remove it and replace it with a fresh drive and begin saving even more of your creative life
- WD Drives Utilities
- Register your drive, run diagnostics, manage RAID or JBOD modes and more using WD Drive Utilities