The Ewa-Marine VFS1 Underwater Housing for Sony NEX-FS100 Camcorder is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Sony NEX-FS100 camcorder. It has a depth rating of 32.8' (10 m). The housing provides full access to all camcorder functions, which are operable through the housing. There is a dedicated slot for the camcorder's flip-up monitor.
The housing is constructed from double laminated PVC and has an integrated optically neutral flat glass lens port. The included CA67 adapter screws onto the 67mm filter thread of the camcorder's lens, pushing against the lens port to hold the lens in place.
Two clamping rails anodized for corrosion resistance fit together to form a watertight seal; you can tighten them via knurled thumb screw knobs. While the VFS1 has positive buoyancy, the weight straps at the bottom of the housing permit the attachment of optional weights for negative buoyancy.
Several accessories are included. Drying agent CD5 helps prevent moisture buildup inside the housing. Foam padding is supplied to fill up extra space inside the housing when shooting above the water's surface, to ensure your camcorder has a snug fit. Underwater, the water pressure will compress the housing, eliminating excess space. The included water-resistant yellow carry-case is not meant for submersion, but will protect your gear against splashes.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 32.8' (10 m)
- Control Access
- All camcorder functions can be operated through the housing
- Crafted from durable double-laminated PVC. Design includes a dedicated slot for camcorder's flip-up monitor. The housing's watertight seal is created via two clamping rails that fit together. The rails are anodized for corrosion resistance and can be tightened via knurled thumb screw knobs
- Lens Port
- Integrated, optically neutral flat glass port accommodates all of the standard lenses for your camcorder. Of the adapters included with the camcorder, the port will be compatible with all those that have a 72mm or smaller filter thread size
- CA67 Adapter
- Included with the housing, this essential item screws onto the 67mm filter thread of the camcorder's lens, pushing against the lens port to hold the lens in place
- While the VFS1 has positive buoyancy, the weight straps at the bottom of the housing permit the attachment of optional weights for negative buoyancy, to keep the housing from floating
- Included Items
- A packet of drying agent CD5 helps prevent the buildup of moisture in the housing, which could of course be harmful to your camcorder. Also supplied is enough foam padding to fill up any extra space inside the housing. This is used to prevent your camcorder from bouncing around. The foam would only be necessary when shooting above the water's surface, because underwater, the water pressure will compress the housing, getting rid of any excess space and providing a snug, secure fit. The included water-resistant yellow carry-case with a plastic interior features a zippered side-pocket. It's not safe for submersion in water, but it will keep your gear dry if it's splashed