The Lumix FZ60 Digital Camera by Panasonic starts with a powerful lens and only gets better from there. Equipped with the Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 25mm ultra wide angle lens with 24x optical zoom, the FZ60 is capable of glorious landscapes, intimate portraits and everything in-between. A 25-600mm focal length range (in 35mm format) is huge reach for any camera, often three lenses are needed to get this much coverage! From true wide angle to ultra telephoto there is really nothing that you cannot shoot with this lens, certainly all of the normal subjects, from friends and family to beach scenes and landscapes and sports and wildlife are well within the scope of this lens. And with the newly developed 16.1MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and High Performance LSI Venus Engine image processor anything the lens can see will be recorded in sharp, true color, high resolution images.
Of course the lens, sensor and image processor work their magic on video recordings too. The Lumix FZ60 records Full HD 1080 60i video in AVCHD and MP4 formats and a separate, dedicated button on top of the camera is all you need to instantly start recording video.
Assisting the shooter in both photo and video are a wealth of Lumix functions. POWER O.I.S. is an image stabilization system that works throughout the 24x zoom and compensates for any camera shake to produce sharp images even in low light and even when shooting video while walking. Creative Control Mode in photo offers eight new filters to add creativity to your images and Creative Video allows the user to set shutter speed and apertures for further video image control. Lumix's popular iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode integrates POWER O.I.S. and all of the FZ60's assistive functions such as AF Tracking and Face Recognition, to give total image control to the camera. With such a celebrated system, letting the camera do all the work is one way to get great images. But if you prefer to use your own internal intelligence system, the FZ60 also offers complete manual control for advanced shooters or those looking to learn along the way.
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens
- The Lumix FZ60 is equipped with a high quality Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 25mm ultra wide-angle lens with a 24x optical zoom. This equals 25-600mm in 35mm format and allows for the complete spectrum of focal length shooting possibilities. And with the camera's Intelligent Zoom function, zoom can be increased to 48x and picture quality is retained thanks to Intelligent Resolution technology. What makes this lens produce such sharp, true color images is a combination of its lens elements and multi-coating technology. Nano Surface Coating minimizes light reflection allowing more light through the lens and onto the sensor and reduces flaring. And 14 lens elements including 3 ED lenses and 2 aspherical lenses deliver optical excellence with less optical and chromatic distortion. All this in a compact body with smooth zoom functioning.
- Sensor and Image Processor
- A newly developed 16.1MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor combined with the LSI Venus Engine Image Processor results in fast response time, accurate Auto-focus, high sensitivity and sharp imaging in both photo and video. The FZ60 can shoot up to 10 frames per second in continuous shooting and has a start-up time of 0.9 seconds.
- Full HD Video
- With the Lumix FZ60 Full HD 1080 60i Video is as high quality as its photo image. HD Video can be shot in AVCHD format or MP4 with stereo audio recording in both. Best is that the FZ60 has a dedicated top-of-the-camera button to instantly start shooting video with just one touch.
- LCD Monitor
- The FZ60 provides a 3.0" TFT LCD display with 460K pixel resolution. Its field of view is approximately 100% and it has Power LCD mode and AUTO Power LCD mode.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- POWER O.I.S. prevents deterioration of image quality and neutralizes camera shake when shooting at high zoom or in low light.
- Intelligent Auto and Manual Control
- Go from complete manual control to Lumix's famous iA Intelligent Auto which integrates all of the camera's assist functions into one setting and does all the control work for you.
- Creative Control Mode in photo offers numerous in-camera filters to add something special to your images and Creative Video allows for further control of aperture and shutter speed to enhance your videos. Panorama Shot mode and 3D Photo mode are also part of the FZ60 package.
- Image review options on your FZ60 include Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback and Calendar Playback. Thumbnails with grids of 12 and 30 and zoomed playback are possible. You can view your images with histogram and highlights and you can protect images from deletion. Auto Retouch and Creative Retouch is available as is Resize, Cropping and Leveling. Copy, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Cut Animation and Video Divide are also possible and Single, Multi, All, Favorites and DPOF PictBridge are supported as well.