The NX1000 Mirrorless Wi-Fi Digital Camera with 20-50mm and 16mm Lenses (Black) from Samsung is a more compact, and more affordable alternative to a cumbersome DSLR camera, yet it still offers a lot of quality features you would expect to find in cameras three times its size. Along with the sleek, slim design of the NX1000, you get the creative opportunities that interchangeable lenses afford, plus mega-fine-detailed imagery: with a large (23.5 x 15.7mm), high-resolution APS-C image sensor, the NX1000 captures photos at a vast 20.3 Megapixels. This model comes with a versatile 20-50mm zoom lens, a wide angle 16mm lens, and a flash that attaches to the camera's hot shoe.
The lenses feature Samsung's i-Function technology, which puts a button on the lens that unlocks the manual adjustment of several settings. Choose among shutter speed, aperture, exposure value, white balance, and ISO, and then turn the ring on the lens to adjust your selected parameter. The slim-bodied NX1000 camera has a mount that accepts any of Samsung's NX-mount lenses, a growing family that already offers a wide range of choices.
The NX1000's video system is capable of recording full HD 1920 x 1080 video at 30p. Set at 1280 x 720 resolution, the NX1000 can even capture true slow-motion video.
Having Wi-Fi connectivity in your camera lets you save photos and videos directly to a computer or cloud service while you shoot, email them, print them wirelessly, or upload them straight to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube. You'll never have to worry about losing a great shot, running out of storage space, or remembering to bring the right cable along.
- The NX1000's 20.3 Mp APS-C CMOS sensor offers almost 50% more pixels over its predecessor, to capture much finer detail in images
- The 20-50mm lens zooms 2.5x and offers an aperture range of f/3.5-5.6
- The included 16mm pancake lens is equivalent to a 24.6mm lens in 35mm format and provides a wide 82.6° angle of view while maintaining a fast f/2.4 maximum aperture
- The NX1000 records movies as H.264 files at Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution at 30 progressive frames per second. The camera can also record 720p (1280 x 720) at 60 fps
- The NX1000 fast drive enables the capture of decisive moments at a speed of 8 shots per second and a shutter speed of up to 1/4000th of a second
- The NX1000's bright 3.0" display features a VGA resolution (640 x 480) for 921k dots and a 100% field of view of what the sensor captures
- The APS-C sensor features super-sonic dust reduction to keep it free of dust
- Display options include Grid (four types), Histogram (for checking exposure levels), Icon On/Off, and a Distance Scale that's selectable in feet or meters (or can be turned off)
- For stereo audio capture, left and right microphones are integrated into the camera's top – and separated by a distance that's about equivalent to the diameter of the lens mount. There's also a top-mounted speaker for playback
- The bundled SEF-8A flash (GN8) mounts to the camera's hot shoe. Flipping it up turns it on; flipping it back down turns it off again
- Smart Filter enables access to 10 filters for applying artistic effects in-camera
- The NX1000 can create 3D images (regular or panoramic) without a special lens
- Framing mode auto-gains the brightness of the display in low-light scenes to keep the LCD bright
- Focus Aid shows an on-screen reference for easier manual focusing
- Express your current mood by applying one of 12 included Magic Frames to your photo
- Intelli-Studio 3.0
- Samsung's Intelli-Studio 3.0 requires a computer running Windows XP SP/2, Vista, or 7 for PC computers, and G3, OS X v10.4 or later for Mac computers
- Samsung RAW Converter 4
- Samsung RAW Converter 4 requires a computer running Windows XP SP/2, Vista, or 7 for PC computers, and G3, OS X v10.4 or later for Mac computers