Capture and share your images like never before with a Nikon camera powered by Google Android. The COOLPIX S800c Digital Camera shoots photos like a point and shoot camera, but shares them like an Android smart device. Take 16MP photos and edit them using your favorite Google Play apps, then upload them with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, without ever needing to transfer to another device.
Since the camera runs Google Android 2.3 ("Gingerbread") that also means you've got the entire Google Play library of apps at your disposal. Download your favorite photo editing apps, wirelessly transfer photos to your smartphone or tablet, and even email them to friends and family instantly.
Not to be outdone by all of the apps and wireless connectivity, Nikon included powerful and convenient imaging technology as well. A 16MP backside illumination CMOS sensor captures high quality photos and videos with excellent detail and clarity--especially in low light conditions. Whether you're indoors with the lights turned down, or outdoors at night, the BSI sensor is specially designed for improved performance in these tough situations.
Where there's low light there's often camera shake, and Nikon's optical Vibration Reduction (VR) compensates for this to ensure your images are kept sharp. This technology includes both lens-shift and sensor-shift VR to help you capture the best possible images even in some of the worst conditions. If it gets worse Motion Blur Reduction is yet another option, however this increases the ISO sensitivity and introduces digital noise as a side effect.
When capturing a single image just isn't enough, the S800c can also double as a Full HD camcorder, capturing 1080p video in the palm of your hand. Relive your moments in vivid HD and remember not only the sights, but also the sounds, with the built-in stereo microphone.
Once you've captured your gorgeous photos and videos, review or edit them on the large 3.5" OLED touch screen. This display, with its enhanced color and contrast, will allow you to shoot, edit and share even in bright sunlight--thanks also in part to the Clear Color Display technology. Use the touch screen to select your subject, lock your exposure, zoom in or out, and later select your images for sharing.
Whether you're shooting HD video and photos of a school play, or editing and sharing them with your favorite Android apps, the Nikon S800c provides everything you need to shoot and share instantly.
- Powered by Google Android v2.3
- Nikon has integrated Google Android 2.3 into their COOLPIX cameras with the S800c, and that means the entire Google Play library of apps becomes available to you right on your camera. With this technology you can download your favorite photo editing apps, or even your favorite games. Edit the photos you're taking and upload them to your favorite sites all right in your camera without computers or cables. You can even wirelessly transfer images from your camera to smartphones and tablets as well. Attach them to an email and send them via the built-in Wi-Fi, then settle down with your favorite Android game, or message friends and meet up to take more pictures.
- 16MP 1/2.3" CMOS Image Sensor
- Capture minute details and textures with the camera's 16 megapixel resolution imaging sensor, making your images rich and clear even out to the long end of the optical zoom. Having a high resolution backside Illumination CMOS sensor is great for shooting indoors or low light situations, and is also ideal when you plan to create large prints. It provides the flexibility to enlarge or crop sections of an image when you wish to alter the composition after the fact.
- 25-250mm Equivalent NIKKOR ED Lens with 10x Optical & 4x Digital Zoom
- For a camera this small, its 10x Optical Zoom has the 35mm equivalent of a large 25-250mm telephoto lens. This gives you a huge range of potential images from any location, even when standing still, which is excellent for sporting events when you can't move around, or times when getting in too close would disrupt the scene you're trying to capture. At the other end, the lens's 25mm wide-angle perspective allows you to capture more scenery and in every frame for dynamic and exciting shots. The len's 8 elements organized into 8 groups work to keep the quality of these images high, and the amount of abberations very low. You'll be ready to shoot nearly any situation and come out with quality images to share.
- 3.5" Rear OLED Touch Screen
- The large 3.5" Organic LED (OLED) Clear Color Display provides an ultra-high resolution view of the photos, apps, and websites you view with it. At 819,000 dots your still images and HD videos will be displayed in rich detail and contrast. Having a screen that takes up nearly the entire backside of the camera allows a better view, and easier touch controls. The display's wide viewing angle, brightness control and anti-glare coating make it easy to compose, view and share pictures. While it also allows you to more easily make selections and tap to choose your focus.
- Optical Lens-Shift Vibration Reduction
- With a camera that fits into your hand, you can often run into problems with camera shake, making photos and videos blurry or unusable. This is especially true when zooming into the equivalent telephoto focal length of a 250mm lens. Nikon's VR image stabilization uses lens-shift technology to correct for unwanted camera movement before it even reaches the camera sensor. Because it is an optical system, none of the image degradation typical with electronic image stabilizers is present. This provides enhanced image quality in many difficult shooting situations, like low-light indoors or out. Shoot at slower shutter speeds and in more low-light situations than ever before without having to boost ISO sensitivity and introduce digital noise. With camera shake and vibration reduced, you get a sharper, clearer image before it's even recorded to your memory card, or posted on your social media profile.
- Full HD 1080p Video & Stereo Sound
- What's better than capturing brand new home movies of your family? Doing it with an HD camera that fits in your pocket! Shoot Full HD 1080p video anytime, anywhere right from the little S800c digital camera. With the S800c you'll have the option of shooting Full HD at 1920 x 1080p / 30 fps, HD at 1280 x 720p / 30 fps, or Standard TV at 640 x 480 / 30 fps--to keep your file sizes small. Record them in MPEG-4 AVC H.264 file format, with AAC stereo audio format. Video output is done in NTSC / PAL, while HDMI output can be selected from Auto, 480p, 720p or 1080i. These are used via the USB or mini HDMI connectors. No longer limited to still images, with a simple tap on the screen you can record every moment in motion--capturing vivid memories that one shot would not fully reproduce.
- Clear Color Display
- Nikon's Clear Color Display technology allows you to review your images with exceptional clarity and rich, true-to-life color. Outdoors in sunlight, color is faithfully reproduced, while a high contrast ratio ensures that you'll see exactly what you're shooting from any viewing angle. This makes it easy to frame shots quickly in tight situations, and know you got the shot.
- Subject Tracking
- Tap on the face of a loved one and Subject Tracking will follow them in the frame, whether they're taking their first steps across the kitchen floor, or racing downfield to score the game-winning goal. Keep them in sight and Subject Tracking will keep them in focus.
- Wireless Image Transfer
- With the Wi-Fi capabilities of the S800c you can upload to social media sites, email to friends and family, and even transmit photos and videos over your wireless network at home to your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Smart Portrait System
- With beneficial effects like Skin Softening, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, and Blink Warning you'll get the most out of your photos without having to spend time editing on a computer.
- Built-In GPS
- A built-in GPS chip on the S800c records latitude and longitude, so you can locate where each photo was taken, and retrace your travels without forgetting where the moments you captured came from.