The black PowerShot S110 Digital Camera from Canon is an advanced compact digital camera with a 12MP resolution 1/1.7" CMOS sensor, redesigned high speed autofocus, and 3.0" touch screen display. It also shoots Full HD video and RAW files in several aspect ratios. Its 5x optical zoom lens has the 35mm equivalent of a 24-120mm focal length, while the built-in Control Ring allows for easy access to functions and settings. Other than the cameras hardware, the S110 uses various Canon technologies such as Intelligent IS for stabilization, Smart AUTO for easy scene detection, Movie Digest for an automated highlight reel, and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity to print and share photos or videos wirelessly.
The 12.1MP High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor works in tandem with Canon's own DIGIC 5 Image Processor to create the unique Canon HS SYSTEM. With this system, you'll experience excellent autofocus, tracking and high ISO performance, even in low lighting. This means you can shoot using higher shutter speeds, with less of a chance for camera shake, and clearer images as a result. The same is also true when shooting video.
In addition to the HS SYSTEM's fast performance, the S110 also has a redesigned High Speed AF feature that greatly improves the speed of the camera's autofocus. With a short 0.2 sec AF delay, and 0.25 sec shooting time lag, you can capture more fleeting moments that otherwise would have been missed - or a blur. High-Speed Burst HQ allows for a maximum of approximately 10 fps of continuous shooting, while maintaining the camera's full 12MP image resolution.
With its 5x Optical Zoom, the S110's 24-120mm equivalent lens has a bright f/2.0 aperture, which is ideal for low-light conditions or using a shallow depth-of-field for pleasing, defocused background effects. These benefits also translate into the Full HD video captured by the camera, providing the same desirable background effects, and excellent zoom for close-ups of your subject.
On the back of the camera, a 3.0" capacitive touch panel LCD offers easy and intuitive operation with the tap of a finger. The LCD, with Canon's PureColor system, responds to familiar one- and two-finger gestures. Users can spread and pinch to change the magnification in playback, drag two fingers to switch the display, and quickly select camera settings. Of course, you can also adjust the panel's touch sensitivity to your liking. The camera's control ring, located at the base of the lens barrel, can be used in conjunction with the Touch Panel to conveniently access a range of additional actions, including Touch Shutter to capture images by pressing the touch screen rather than the shutter release.
A whole list of additional settings and functions can be adjusted quickly and conveniently using the PowerShot S110's control ring. Located at the base of the lens, the ring can be an easy way to change settings faster than the traditional methods of point-and-shoot cameras. The functions that can be assigned to the control ring vary with each shooting mode, and you can set your preferences quickly using the dedicated ring-function selector button.
The PowerShot S110 has built-in Wi-Fi for wirelessly sharing the images you've captured, wherever you find a wireless hotspot or compatible device. The camera makes it easy to connect directly to both iOS and Android devices, and upload your images via the free Canon CameraWindow app. You can easily post the photos to your favorite social networks in order to update friends and family while you're traveling. Even without a mobile device, you can send images to a PC, share images between Wi-Fi enabled PowerShot cameras, and even print by sending your images to a wireless printer.
Capture stunning Full HD 1080p video, with stereo sound, using the dedicated movie button built into the back of the camera. The full range of optical zoom is available while shooting, and watching your videos afterward is easy by conveniently playing them on an HDTV via the mini-HDMI output. Simply touch the dedicated movie button, embedded in the PowerShot S110's thumb pad, and start recording your 1080p Full HD video.
To keep your photos and videos from blurring or shaking, Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to provide the best image stabilization for the given situation. Capture clear, sharp images, even in low light conditions, without having to use a tripod. This allows you to focus on framing and capturing your shots, rather than how still you can hold the camera.
- 12.1MP Resolution 1/1.7" CMOS Sensor
- The 12.1MP High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor keeps your images clear even out to the long end of the optical zoom. Having a high-sensitivity 1/1.7" CMOS sensor makes it easier to shoot in low-light, and also provides the ability to crop sections of an image in order to alter the composition after it was captured. You'll also capture great image quality up to the S110's maximum ISO 12800, letting you use higher shutter speeds to capture clearer images with reduced noise - even when shooting video.
- 24-120mm f/2.0-5.9 UA Lens (35mm Equivalent)
- The lens of the S110 has a 24-120mm focal length and f/2.0-5.9 aperture. It uses UA glass elements for greater image quality, and being a UA lens means it has an ultra-high refractive index. It uses molded glass and aspherical lens elements to reduce aberrations, and enhance image quality.
- 3.0" PureColor Touch Screen LCD Display
- The S110 has a bright 3.0" touch panel LCD that not only provides a larger, clearer screen, but also the ability to shoot images by touch. Canon's Touch Shutter technology allows you to release the shutter by holding your finger over the subject you want in focus, and then lift your finger to snap the photo. If you touch the desired subject on the screen an AF box will appear and follow them in the frame. Having a larger screen also helps you compose images better, and provides a wealth of important information about the shot as you capture it via the crisp 461,000-dot color user interface. Canon's PureColor System uses a delta arrangement of dots for better clarity and representation of the images you took, while also making the LCD more durable and able to withstand heavy use in all sorts of conditions.
- High Speed AF & Burst Shooting
- The S110 also has a redesigned High Speed AF feature that greatly improves the speed of the camera's autofocus. With an approximate 0.2 sec AF time, and 0.25 sec shooting time lag, you can capture more fleeting moments that otherwise would have been missed - or a blur. High-Speed Burst HQ allows for a maximum of approximately 10 fps of continuous shooting, while maintaining the camera's full 12MP image resolution.
- HS SYSTEM Technology
- With the HS System, low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlights and shadows. This system is the result of two technologies brought together in PowerShot cameras: a high-sensitivity image sensor to capture more light, and a DIGIC Image Processor to reduce noise and processing time. The CMOS sensor incorporates advanced light reception technology that enhances sensitivity, while the DIGIC Image Processor provides a major boost in noise reduction, expanding the usable ISO range beyond other PowerShots previously released.
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- This PowerShot camera houses Canon's DIGIC 5 Image Processor to power its advanced systems and features. This ensures fast and reliable performance without sacrificing battery life. Features such as high-speed Af and continuous shooting, Full HD video capture and Blink Detection are all made possible thanks to its fast processing speed and efficient design.
- Intelligent IS
- To keep your photos and videos from blurring or shaking, Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to provide the best image stabilization for the given situation. Capture clear, sharp images, even in low lighting conditions, without having to use a tripod. This allows you to focus on framing and capturing your shots, rather than how steady you're holding the camera.
- Full HD 1080p Video with Stereo Sound
- Record Full HD 1080p video with Linear PCM stereo sound. No longer limited to still images, with a simple push of the dedicated movie button you quickly switch to HD video mode without entering menus or changing settings.
- Manual Control Ring
- A whole list of settings and functions can be adjusted quickly and conveniently using the PowerShot S110's control ring. Located at the base of the lens, the ring can be an easy way to change settings faster than traditional methods on point-and-shoot cameras. The functions that can be assigned to the control ring vary with each shooting mode, and you can set your preferences quickly using the dedicated ring function selector button. The full list of settings that can be adjusted include focus, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, step zoom, exposure compensation, aspect ratio, i-Contrast, and white balance.
- Multi-Aspect Ratio RAW
- The PowerShot S110 lets you shoot in RAW mode, which records all of the information captured by the sensor without any processing, which gives you great flexibility and creative control when editing your images. The camera also allows you to record in RAW and JPEG formats simultaneously, and now in RAW mode, you can even select among the same aspect ratios as JPEG, including 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, and 4:5.
- Smart AUTO
- This digital camera features Smart AUTO: a Canon technology that simplifies the process of capturing images. It will automatically analyze scenes by assessing various factors involving both the subject and background. These scenes are compared using dozens of predefined shooting parameters and the camera makes the optimal adjustments for you. Smart AUTO also incorporates Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human subjects like animals and vehicles.
- Movie Digest
- When activated, Movie Digest automatically records four seconds before each photo you capture as a separate video, then automatically edits them together into a short movie. The video is captured in 720p high definition, and with the bundled ImageBrowser EX software, you can easily delete any scenes you don't want.