The Panasonic BT-LH2170PJ 21.5" LCD Studio Monitor is a high resolution IPS LCD panel designed to meet a wide range of image production and broadcast needs. The display features native 1920 x 1080 resolution, a 10-bit image processing engine, 3D Look Up Table (LUT) color correction, and support for wide viewing angles. A wide variety of interfaces include 3G/HD/SD-SDI, HDMI, Video and DVI-I inputs. A rugged, aluminum die cast body ensures lasting durability.
Brightness is rated at 250cd/m², and the contrast ratio is 1000:1. The 178° vertical and horizontal viewing angles deliver exceptional imagery with superb color accuracy and minimal changes in brightness. The 3D LUT with six-pole color correction includes a look-up table for each signal level, and applies 10-bit image processing to each RGB color to balance the six coordinate axes of the three primary colors (RGB) and their complementary colors (CMY), resolving color drifting at low light levels and keeping colors vividly natural. In addition, a black mode makes dark image areas in low-gradation scenes easier to view.
The LH2170 includes a 24p input for use with 3D camera rigs. The 3D assist functions include top and bottom display in addition to side-by-side display (for a 2D view of various 3D checks including composition, convergence, color and luminance, focus and zoom position, and parallax); and a Focus-in-Red focus assist to emphasize sharply focused image areas. The 2D assist features include an in-monitor display; a Y-Map display to confirm a luminance level map; a Zebra display; and a two-window display, which allows for two separate HD/SDI inputs to be viewed simultaneously for comparing different signals. The two-window display can also be combined with advanced assist display functions, including Y MAP, which allows you to see the image at each luminance level in one window, while looking at the standard image in the other window.
Other features include In-Monitor Display for text or Tally as well as on-screen displays for waveform, vectorscope and audio levels. External remote control can be achieved via the RS-485, RS-232C or GPI remote terminals, and when using the RS-485 input, a loop-though connection allows control of multiple monitors. The front panel includes red, green and amber Tally lights as well as speakers and a headphone jack. A detachable stand is also included.
- High Resolution IPS LCD Panel
- The 55 cm (21.5 inches) IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel has Full-HD 1920 x 1080 resolution. It combines high intensity, high contrast and a wide 178° viewing angle in both horizontal and vertical directions. Easy viewing is ensured by reducing color changes due to the viewing angle.
- Imaging Engine with 3D-LUT Color Correction
- 3D-LUT and 6-Axis Color Correction eliminates color phase shifts (drift) in the LCD panel caused by changes in luminance. A look-up table for each luminance level and 10-bit image processing to each RGB color balances the six coordinate poles of the three primary colors (RGB) and their complementary colors (CMY). This helps to reproduce the intermediate shades of extremely fine colors.
- 3D Assist Functions
- Check 3D images using the left-eye and right-eye video signals from a 3D camera. With the left-eye and right-eye images displayed side-by-side, the left and right images can be independently flipped horizontally or vertically. Horizontal line marker allows inspection of vertical misalignment between the left-eye and right-eye images, and left-right disparity can be checked by superimposing a marker on the overlay display. A new dual window FOCUS-IN-RED display is also provided.
- Wide Variety of Functions and Interfaces
- The monitor is equipped with 3G/HD/SD-SDI, HDMI, Video and DVI-I inputs. The screen can be split in two to allow you to make a screen comparison for the same input connectors and the same format. It can display two SDI inputs simultaneously in two windows, or one input signal can be displayed in two windows in combination with other functions to simplify camera adjustments.
- Advanced Assist Display Functions
- Y MAP allows luminance to be visually checked via color displays for each luminance level with a simple distribution bar. Zebra display shows image areas internal and/or external the set brightness range. Focus-in-Red emphasizes sharply focused image areas. R/G/B Color turns the display on/off of each individual R/G/B color. Waveform Monitor displays the waveform of Y, R, G or B signals in a sub-screen, and vectorscope allows the color gamut to be checked in a sub-screen. The Audio Level Meter can display up to 8 channels simultaneously, and a peak hold function is included. Pixel-to-Pixel displays the actual pixels without resizing.
- Cine-gamma and Black Mode
- BT-LH2170 is equipped with a cine-gamma (F-Rec) compensation function and can serve as a monitor for a Varicam camera recorder. The black mode also makes dark image areas in low-gradation scenes easier to see. It helps to produce movies as well as film-like HD programs and commercials.
- Time Code/Closed Caption Display
- A time code can be displayed for SDI input. VITC/UB or LTC/UB values are shown simultaneously on two lines. When an NTSC video signal is input, the closed caption can be displayed. It is compliant with the EIA/CEA-608 and 708 standards and can display up to 8 windows of closed captions.
- Broadcast and Image Production Functions
- The Key Lock function disables front panel control functions, except for the power switch, menu operation and sound level adjustment. Functions can be allocated to five function keys for one-touch operation, and a fanless drive with quiet operation is ideal for use in Multi Audio (MA) rooms. A built-in calibration function enables PC-less calibration, with a Panasonic-designated probe sensor and display color analyzer (not included).