The 10x32 Conquest HD Binocular from Zeiss combines extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements with an aluminum housing and the build quality that industry professionals and nature enthusiasts expect from Zeiss. By applying T* coatings to the ED glass, Zeiss engineers made this binocular capable of transmitting up to 90 percent of available light. The phase-corrected Schmidt-Pechan prism design complements the ED glass and results in an image that is relatively bright and rich with lifelike color.
This model of the Conquest HD is configured with 10x magnification, suitable for intermediate range glassing in the field, at the range, or on the trail. The nitrogen purged aluminum housing, 68 degree viewing angle, 5-foot minimum focus distance, and non-slip rubber focus wheel make the Conquest HD a full-featured optic ready for almost any outdoor glassing activity.
- HD Lens System
- The High Definition (HD) lens concept from Zeiss includes extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements that evenly transmit the visible spectrum and increase light transmission. Finishing the ED glass with T* multi-layer coatings enables the Conquest HD binocular to render up to 90 percent of available light.
- Schmidt-Pechan Roof Prism Design
- The Schmidt-Pechan prism configuration enables a relatively compact body size compared to other roof prism designs. A phase-corrective coating on the prisms enhances light transmission and helps to correct the alignment of visible wavelengths. Phase-corrected prisms are designed to minimize chromatic aberration and produce lifelike color saturation.
- T* Multicoated Optics
- Multi-layer T* coatings are used on all Zeiss premium sport optics. The coating is chemically engineered to minimize reflections by lens elements and faithfully transmit the entire visible spectrum while preserving sharpness at the edge of the viewing field.
- LotuTec Protective Coating
- Objective and ocular lenses are coated with a LotuTec moisture/abrasion-resistant coating. This layer causes moisture, including snow and rain, to bead up and roll off the lens surface. In addition to reducing lens occlusion, this coating helps prevent debris from sticking to lens surfaces and makes for easier removal of dirt and dust.
- Build Quality
- Rubber polymer armored aluminum housing, waterproof construction (submersible to 400 mbar), and broad operating temperature range (-4 to 145°F) equip the Conquest HD series for a wide range of outdoor applications.