The Nikon GP-1A GPS Unit enables you to geotag images captured with your camera, so you can record latitude, longitude, altitude and time information. The correlation between pictures and maps is supported by a combination of GPS functionality, ViewNX version 1.2 software available via a free download, and the my Picturetown online photo storage and sharing service. Two accessory cables and a camera strap clip are included with the GPS unit. The GP-1A is compatible with select cameras, which are listed below.
- Geotag your images with latitude, longitude, altitude and time information, so when you look back, you will have a record of when and where each photo was captured. As its reference coordinate system, the GPS unit utilizes the WGS84 version of the World Geodetic System, which is the standard for navigation
- ViewNX Software and my Picturetown Online
- GPS functionality works together with ViewNX version 1.2 software--available via a free download--and the my Picturetown online photo storage and sharing service, in order to enable correlation between pictures and maps
- Included Accessories
- The GPS unit comes with the 10-pin GP1-CA10A accessory cable and the GP1-CA90 accessory cable for connection to your camera. Also included is the GP1-CL1 Camera Strap Clip, which enables you to attach the unit to your camera strap
- D200, D2X, D2Xs, D300, D300S, D3100, D3200, D3S, D3X, D4, D5000, D5100, D5200, D600, D610, D700, D7000, D7100, D800, D90 and COOLPIX P7800 cameras