The Multifunctional Handgrip M from Leica attaches to the base plate of the Leica M Digital Rangefinder and provides a secure and stable grip for one-handed shooting or when shooting with larger lenses, but it also offers a range of integrated camera functions. For example, this handgrip provides a dedicated SCA hot shoe for attaching a flash if the camera's hot shoe is occupied with a viewfinder or other accessory. The grip's hot shoe can communicate with the camera just as the camera's own hot shoe. In addition, the hand grip contains a socket for an external power supply, a DIN/ISO-X sync socket for studio flash systems and an integrated USB port to connect directly to a computer for full remote control (with the Leica Image Shuttle software) and direct image transfer.
The Multifunctional Handgrip M also houses a GPS module which allows photos to be geotagged with location information in their EXIF data. An optional power pack is also available for this hand grip and it can be used in conjunction with the optional Finger Loop for the Hand Grip M for greater stability.
As mentioned, the Multifunctional Handgrip M for the M Digital Rangefinder offers a comfortable grip for the right hand and to that, it screws in securely with a large knob and is designed with textured anti-slip rubber gripping that matches the handsome look of the M.
- Ergonomic control and stability when shooting one-handed or with heavier lenses
- Includes a dedicated hot shoe mount for attaching a flash or other accessory
- Contains a GPS Module for geotagging images with location information
- Offers a power socket, a DIN/ISO-X socket for studio flash systems and a USB port for connection to your computer
- Can hold an optional power pack and works in conjunction with the Finger Loop for Hand Grip M
- Textured no-slip rubber gripping